Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

MBRP turn down exhaust Q's

Old 02-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
MBRP turn down exhaust Q's

Just came across an article in Off-Road magazine advertizing MBRP's turn down exhaust, and I'm just looking for anyone with experience with it as far as sound and performance? I know I'm not going to gain 20 hp with it, I'm just looking to upgrade but don't want anything thats going to get overly annoying on the highway but will have a nice sound to it. They have two difference systems listed for the 4.0 V6 but I'm not sure how they are different except one looks clamp together and the other welded to one solid piece.

http://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?...s&part=S5322AL
http://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?...&part=S5322409

thanks for any input and advice!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Any "offroad" style exhaust will be annoying because the sound will bounce off of the street back into the cab.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have it on my truck, its a quality system. I have no other exhaust to compare it other than stock but I like it alot. Its not too loud either.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Makes sense with the sound bouncing off the road...Reno! We meet again! Still liking your toytecs I hope! Which exhaust did you get out of the two? How disturbing is the sound in the cab on the highway without any music?
Old 02-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Any "offroad" style exhaust will be annoying because the sound will bounce off of the street back into the cab.
^^ No joke. I dumped my Super44 exhaust and its SUPER loud in the cab.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jjbsocal's Tacoma Gallery
I have that exhaust.. Just installed it last week.. no complaints. Sounds good.. haven't experienced any 'bounce'.. Super easy to install..

So far, I'm very pleased with it.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
^^ No joke. I dumped my Super44 exhaust and its SUPER loud in the cab.
Well that's also because you are running a chokemaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbsocal View Post
I have that exhaust.. Just installed it last week.. no complaints. Sounds good.. haven't experienced any 'bounce'.. Super easy to install..

Well I'm just saying it isn't for everyone. Some might find the sound annoying while others are too busy braaaaaaaping to notice.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
DUDE MAN BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
I have it on my truck, its a quality system. I have no other exhaust to compare it other than stock but I like it alot. Its not too loud either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbsocal View Post

Any chance one of you fellas could post a sound clip in and out of the cab? Would be greatly appreciated but I don't expect anyone to drop what theyre doing just to get a clip.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #9
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
Makes sense with the sound bouncing off the road...Reno! We meet again! Still liking your toytecs I hope! Which exhaust did you get out of the two? How disturbing is the sound in the cab on the highway without any music?
Loving the toytec stuff
Well its does drone a little bit at 70 but nothing to bad, the weird thing is... I had my truck with out a muffler for a day or so and if I put it in 4th(auto) to go down a hill it was quiter straight piped. With the muffler on it seemed to drone alot louder but not bad to the point where it annoyed me. I really like it and at the 200$ I paid brand new its awesome.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jjbsocal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Any chance one of you fellas could post a sound clip in and out of the cab? Would be greatly appreciated but I don't expect anyone to drop what theyre doing just to get a clip.
I would, but my CrapBerry wouldn't be a good representation of quality sound..

I will admit I noticed a slight hum driving home the other night going about +75mph, turned off the radio cause i wasn't sure if it was the stereo or the exhaust.. it was the exhaust.. gave it a little Braaap.. smiled and went home..
Old 05-01-2014, 01:11 AM   #12
youngbuckcody is on a distinguished road
youngbuckcody's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys remember what was the part number for the mbrp turndown .? Is that for a 4 door shortened .?
Old 11-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #13
Total Automotive Performance
TacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDeLaPlaya is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bobby
TacoDeLaPlaya's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just came across an article in Off-Road magazine advertizing MBRP's turn down exhaust, and I'm just looking for anyone with experience with it as far as sound and performance? I know I'm not going to gain 20 hp with it, I'm just looking to upgrade but don't want anything thats going to get overly annoying on the highway but will have a nice sound to it. They have two difference systems listed for the 4.0 V6 but I'm not sure how they are different except one looks clamp together and the other welded to one solid piece.

http://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?...s&part=S5322AL
http://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?...&part=S5322409

thanks for any input and advice!
One is aluminized steel the other is stainless steel.