Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

AFE SI vs. AFE CX

Old 12-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #1
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
AFE SI vs. AFE CX

What are the main differences between the AFE CX and SI? They're both about the same price on autoanything. And I was wondering which one is better?

Anyone have any actual pics of the CX it looks like most people have the SI which is also the same as the TRD.

I also have an 05 V6 tacoma
Old 12-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
from what i can tell, the cx is not a sealed intake(si) meaning that it is probably like most of the k&n filters with new filters and tubing but the filter is not enclosed. i also think that the cx filter is not oiled and only 2 layers and i do not believe that it is rechargeable/reusable. i have the trd intake which is like you said the stageII si. the airbox is enclosed and connects to the passenger fender well supposedly drawing in air from that point. not to sure how the temp differentiates from the fender well to the engine compartment seeing as how they are so close together. but i love it. if both filters are relatively the same i would go with the si.