Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

What Performance mods should a guy start with?

Old 02-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
rdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdd11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ross
rdd11's Tacoma Gallery
What Performance mods should a guy start with?

Hey I have a rather stock 08 Tacoma I have cold air but nothing else. I work in the Alberta Oilfield so I have very little time to do anything.

I was wonder what Mods for performance would help me out the most? I noticed a little bit of gain with the cold air. Louder for sure but runs better too.
Obviously Exhaust would be next any recommendations on which kind to get? I was thinking TRD

After that Im not sure where I can get the most bang for my buck?
Throttle body spacers?
Supercharger?
what else?
Old 02-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
Soccerdallin is on a distinguished road

Name: Dallin
Soccerdallin's Tacoma Gallery
I have a magna-flow which seems to be the loudest.
When I went to the shop we tested a flowmaster 40 series, a cherry bomb, and my magna-flow out. The magna-flow seemed to be a little bit louder. I'm very happy with it, and it sounds way awesome with the cold air!
I have the Throttle Body spacer as well, it does look and sound cool (makes it sound kind of like a super charger) but I'm not sure if I gained much from it since I installed the K&N cold air and Spacer at the same time.
My mom has a supercharger on her 2003 Tacoma and it made a huge difference, only if you want to to spend that much money.