Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Ls3 Swap

Old 02-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
CRONKED TaCo is on a distinguished road
Name: Robbie
CRONKED TaCo's Tacoma Gallery
Ls3 Swap

Would the Tacoma be able to fit the ls3 engine under the hood? Just for sh**s and giggles.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
There's a guy on here that has done it. A few more people over on TTORA have done Lexus V8 swaps. I can't think of any of their names though.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
$$$
Old 02-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
Man I think it would be really slick to have a taco with almost 500 hp imagine it! Smoking any sports car in a truck!
Old 02-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #6
Yeah I messed up I'm on my phone and posted it twice on accident?
Old 02-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Anything is possible with time and money.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Anything is possible with time and money.
This ^^^

Jay Leno has a motorcycle with a jet engine......
Old 02-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #9
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRONKED TaCo View Post
Man I think it would be really slick to have a taco with almost 500 hp imagine it! Smoking any sports car in a truck!
Definitely won't beat every sports car I doubt that no matter how much money you put into the motor alone you won't be able to beat a Ferrari 458 or a Bugatti Veryon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO View Post
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Two of the same thread are you crazy!!! You really are a mad man arent you! You know they'll ban you for that.....
Eh whatever mods will just post responses from the duplicate thread into here, delete/lock the other one, and go about their day.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Definitely won't beat every sports car I doubt that no matter how much money you put into the motor alone you won't be able to beat a Ferrari 458 or a Bugatti Veryon. .
It's true. In the end you have a heavy brick.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #11
Come on guys get real! I have never seen a Bugatti Veryon or a Ferrari 458. I wouldn't even put a corvette up to them because they have over a thousand hp! Now I guess I should have stated my question as has any one done this on a second gen taco?
Old 02-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
Will The Thrill

I'm trying to find him but I know for a fact that there is a guy on TTORA that has a SAS'ed 1st gen with a supercharged Lexus V8 under the hood.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
You wanna play with Corvettes, get a Tundra RCSB with the 5.7 and TRD Supercharger.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #15
Will The Thrill

Lexus V8 with SAS. I know it isn't exactly what you're looking for but TTORA is mainly off road oriented hence its name, Toyota Truck Off Road Association.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148031
These are just to show that it is possible with enough time and money. I'm willing to bet that someone on XRU or Custom Taco's has done a v8, probably an LS motor, in a X-Runner.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #16
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Now put some LT on that truck and challenge that Veyron to an offroad race
Old 02-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #17
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Lexus V8 with SAS. I know it isn't exactly what you're looking for but TTORA is mainly off road oriented hence its name, Toyota Truck Off Road Association.
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148031
These are just to show that it is possible with enough time and money. I'm willing to bet that someone on XRU or Custom Taco's has done a v8, probably an LS motor, in a X-Runner.
Correct actually. There have been two owners of xrunners to both swap in the LS1 and transmission.

Rexrunner, and I cannot remember the other one's name.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
You wanna play with Corvettes, get a Tundra RCSB with the 5.7 and TRD Supercharger.
Just don't turn or else very bad things will happen.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #19
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Just don't turn or else very bad things will happen.
well maybe left but not right. Definitely not right, never turn right...