1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2002 4runner Supercharger fit 03 Tacoma?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Alpha Q Up, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Feb 23, 2012 at 4:37 AM
    Alpha Q Up

Alpha Q Up [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ruben
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    2003 4WD DC Tacoma
    My friend with an 02 4runner sport is going to be selling his supercharger soon. He was saying that our engines are the same. And the SC will swap right over. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks for any help.

Also can I get a TRD sticker on my bed if I do end up getting it? Lol I still won't have a locker though.

2. Feb 23, 2012 at 4:41 AM
    PkTaco

PkTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Zanesville Ohio
    It'll swap.

3. Feb 23, 2012 at 4:45 AM
    Alpha Q Up

Member:
    First Name:
    Ruben
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    2003 4WD DC Tacoma
    Sweet! Thanks

4. Feb 23, 2012 at 7:17 AM
    PkTaco

PkTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Zanesville Ohio
    No problem, just make sure you get all of the parts for it.

5. Feb 23, 2012 at 7:30 AM
    Robertgeejr1

Robertgeejr1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Aorora, Ill, yeah!
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I have done all the hi-pro mods for a life time, since I got this truck at a great price, I will be happy with showroom new.
    just make sure your truck is in very tip top shape.
    I almost put one on my stang a few years ago, and it is a great ad on, but man, you have to really watch the maintance.
    I used to work with this lint head years ago, and he bought a used buick grant national sc , and this guy hardly new where to put the gas in.
    I tried to tell him a few things and he waved me off and 3 weeks later the car was in the junkyard, total blown.

6. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:12 PM
    Alpha Q Up

Member:
    First Name:
    Ruben
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    2003 4WD DC Tacoma
    Sheesh that sucks. Do you have any good reads on how to maintain the SC's?

I'm pretty good about keeping my truck in good condition. Never dealt with any performance mods though.

Thanks for the tips

7. Feb 23, 2012 at 8:34 PM
    Robertgeejr1

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Aorora, Ill, yeah!
    Vehicle:
    I have done all the hi-pro mods for a life time, since I got this truck at a great price, I will be happy with showroom new.
    I dont know alot about them except HEAT is your enemy, change your motor oil often and use the very best oil.
    but they are a very, very, effective way to KICK ASS!:D

8. Feb 24, 2012 at 6:54 AM
    Robertgeejr1

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Aorora, Ill, yeah!
    Vehicle:
    Ok from what I have been reading to Toyota's SC is a very, very good design.
    One its a Eaton, which I think is the best. It also has just the right amount of boost. Remember its the boost, pressure that give you the power, but it is the boost that also can blow your engine to the moon if its set too high or for a long period of time. Your car is not a formula one race car with a crew to rebuild it after every trip to the store.
    A big problem and this was years ago that Buick had, Ford had on its first turbo diesels, and alot of auto makers in general had was the heat.
    You run a few errands, or even your daily commute stop turn the car off like a reg. car and there is a lot of HEAT Built up and it has no where to go. So that little bit of oil sitting on top of the blower is not moving, roasts cooks and bakes, NOT GOOD! so it forms a coke like build up either in the blower and also since it sits on top of engine is also doing it to the block and head. so it would become a contest of who blows up first, blower or engine.?
    Ford, and I have had some good laughs and a very, long walk back in the mid 90's in their first turbo diesels did not think about just how much heat they produce on top of the stress of a diesel and how it would cook a automatic tras.
    And same with Buick. Just make sure everything about your truck is tip top! To be frank, I bought my Stang with 33,000. And I always used syth. oil, ect... and if I had gone through with that, I would have had a compression test done, and if there would have been any doubts, I would have had the engine rebuilt with the best rings, pistons, rods, ect. to handle the stess.
    If I was 10 years younger, and had a better right hand, (I had a stroke) and had your truck, I might get me a few good books and manuals on the subject and read up. I am not saying I know everything, please, but I have step over a few piles of dog mess in my life, and step in some to.

9. Feb 24, 2012 at 7:03 AM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    It wont work on your truck dont buy it can I have that friends number :rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top