Puralator 7 4.07%
Napa 9 5.23%
Wix 15 8.72%
Fram 20 11.63%
Other (Write In) 5 2.91%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #21
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
I stated why I don't like Fram...Let me ask you this Janster, When you bought your truck, why did you pick Toyota and not say Ford, Chevy or Nissan or even Dodge? Was one of the reasons the Toyota name and reliability? Well I say if I had $4 to spend on an oil filter, I would want to buy the best built, most reliable filter, and based on research it's not Fram. Would you rather have the end caps of your filter be made of cardboard or solid metal? Due to the presure the oil filter faces, I prefer metal that holds up. What happens if cardboard gets wet? Falls apart huh. I choose not to buy Fram as do many of the poster on this site. No need to get petty or upset about it. If the OP bothered to ask the question, he probably wants an educated opinion. If Fram floats your boat and you sleep at night...good for you, it's your money. I can care less what oil filter you choose to use I am not here to change your mind.
Hey, I'm not upset. I just get sick and tired of seeing the same-old, same-old. "It's a personal preference"

And you call it an *educated oppinion* by who's standards? Did you talk with the engineers & designers of Fram? Ford? Chevy? Nissan? Or even Dodge?

I'll admit, that's one pet peeve I have about forums/internet. Bashing in general.... If you're engine blew-up because you prooved that a Fram filter was the fault of it - then you'd have the right to argue it's a poor filter.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #22
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I use Fram Though Guard. I think the part numbers TG3644.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:25 AM   #23
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i use a k&n..i thought i was the only crazy one to buy a $12 filter..lol
Old 12-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #24
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
Wix is the best oil filter you can buy for the regular price (around 4.00) It does a more than good enough job. I feel that any better quality ones are a waste of money
Old 12-27-2008, 05:05 PM   #25
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Question

Hey I was just going through ebay and was checking out Toyota OEM oil filters and they were pretty cheap in price!!! They were like 5 for less then $20!!! I use FRAM tough guard right now but can anyone tell me whats better? I saw the poll and alot of you guys use OEM. Should I switch to Toyota OEM filters?
Old 12-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #26
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
i think its a personal choice. I switched it up today and put a mobil 1 filter on.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:27 PM   #27
Lieutenant Dan.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
i think its a personal choice. I switched it up today and put a mobil 1 filter on.
Nice. Yeah I just ordered a set of 5 on ebay so I'll swap filters on the next oil change and see how it runs.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #28
I got fisted

Firefighter:
i think alot of them are the same anyway, just in a different box and label.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #29
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
i think alot of them are the same anyway, just in a different box and label.
Yeah but you know how some guys are. They think one is the best and others are crap! Vise-versa with the next guy! And so on and so on...
Old 12-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #30
I got fisted

Firefighter:
thats true. I always swore by k&n..ran them on my jeep when i had it. but im tired of paying 13$ for a filter that a $7 filter can do.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:02 PM   #31
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
I have the mobil 1 filter in now. But my next 10 will be Toyota OEM. 10 pack at the Stealership for $43.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #32
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Hey I was just going through ebay and was checking out Toyota OEM oil filters and they were pretty cheap in price!!! They were like 5 for less then $20!!! I use FRAM tough guard right now but can anyone tell me whats better? I saw the poll and alot of you guys use OEM. Should I switch to Toyota OEM filters?
OEM- Your dealer will give you a deal the more you buy. I bought a case of 10. $43. The drain plug gaskets were .65 cents each.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #33
Tacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the roughTacoma02TRD is a jewel in the rough

Tacoma02TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've been using the Fram Toughguards lately but have used Napa Gold and K&Ns as well. I've been pleased with them all I guess its just a matter of how much money I feel like spending. I do like the K&Ns 1" nut that makes for easy removal especially on the 1st gens. Well those are my thoughts.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #35
sillypuddy is on a distinguished road
sillypuddy's Tacoma Gallery
i use mobile-1 102 oil filter.. its the best one out of the ones ive used before..
Old 01-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #36
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought meself a K&N filter. It was a bit pricey, so hopefully it does a damn good job.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #37
EPaO
EMPIRE has much to be proud ofEMPIRE has much to be proud ofEMPIRE has much to be proud ofEMPIRE has much to be proud ofEMPIRE has much to be proud ofEMPIRE has much to be proud ofEMPIRE has much to be proud ofEMPIRE has much to be proud ofEMPIRE has much to be proud of
EMPIRE's Tacoma Gallery
1st, i'm new here to TW but not new to tacoma scene. you can find us on CT and TTORA.

2nd, any filter that does better filtering (beta) than oem is fine. Wix is by far the best value and does filter better than oem. imho, the only reason to go with the pricey filters (amsoil, mobil-1, etc) is if you modified your engine some way that requires better filtering.

at EPaO we like to tell it how it is.....

cheers
Old 01-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #38
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
I've always used FRAM, but i've noticed my oil seems to get dirty pretty fast in this truck so this oil change I switched to Mobil1. We'll see how it works
Old 01-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #39
mdt1963 is on a distinguished road
mdt1963's Tacoma Gallery
oem of course i work on toys all day and the filters are great and free for me
Old 01-31-2009, 04:18 PM   #40
Krp2nite is on a distinguished road
Krp2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Amsoil EOA57....

Products Discussed in this Thread