1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another taco NOOB question

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Vikinglord, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Feb 26, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    Vikinglord

Vikinglord [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    Gold Prerunner
    You guys helped me out so much on my first question, I thought I would ask another.

A friend of mine had a Nissan Titan and used a Superchips performance tuner to change the way his engine responded, like he has a towing profile, a gas saving profile, etc. I looked around and many of these tuner makers do not offer a programmable tuner for the Taco v6. I saw the Unichip plug and play, but it does not look like you can program it. I looked at the Scanguage 2, which looks awesome for monitoring, but not much for programming.

So I guess I have 2 questions:

• Are these performance tuners even worth messing with? I did see this question come up on this forum, but the post kind of went way off topic quick.
    • If it is worth it, what device would you recommend for setting up performance profiles so when I tow, go on long trips etc.?
    I read the section on first mods and will get the drop in filter first. I am not new to modding, just to the Tacoma. I have a website where I show folks how to mod their Honda Shadow Spirit bikes: http://fishman35.webs.com/

Thanks for helping the noob. I love my Taco so far, and as you can tell, I am like a kid at Christmas. :D Let's spend some money!

2. Feb 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM
    Superx2

Superx2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Iowa
    when i first started on this forum, they were booded upon. i was told to stay away from them. guess they are not popular.

3. Feb 26, 2012 at 6:09 PM
    Superx2

Superx2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Iowa
    i would say stay away from them.

Products Discussed in

To Top