Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

EBC brake rotors

Old 07-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #1
2006 Double cab TRD Sprot
Mat-taco06 is on a distinguished road

Mat-taco06's Tacoma Gallery
EBC brake rotors

Has any one upgraded their Rotors and are using EBC ones? I just order my and would like to know if you can see a difference in stopping power, I got them since I'm running 22" Rims on my truck and stocks do the job but since the rims are to heavy I feel I'm over working them. And since EBC rotors are slotted they cool down much faster than stocks one. Any info is much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat-taco06 View Post
Has any one upgraded their Rotors and are using EBC ones? I just order my and would like to know if you can see a difference in stopping power, I got them since I'm running 22" Rims on my truck and stocks do the job but since the rims are to heavy I feel I'm over working them. And since EBC rotors are slotted they cool down much faster than stocks one. Any info is much appreciated. Thank you.

send a pm to pb2themax, im pretty sure he has a set on his tacoma!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:27 PM   #3
Mudbug is on a distinguished road

Mudbug's Tacoma Gallery
EBC makes a great product. I've used their pads on my souped up car.

The reason for slotted rotors is not to cool better. Slotted rotors will give a slightly better initial bite. They will also work better in wet weather. The reason for them is not to cool better though. They will actually heat up faster. The reason they are used on competition vehicles is to "heat up" the pads to the optimum temperature. Brake pads work best in a certain heat range. Too hot equals fade, but too cold and you don't have any bite.
That being said. You are NOT driving a race car or even a street competition vehicle you are driving a truck. Which means your going to be using street compound pads.

As far as the slotteds being able to cool better....Why the hell would you care? Its a truck and unless you are pulling a very heavy load down a mountain it won't matter.
You want a good initial bite is what you want.
Unless you pretend your tacoma is a race car and whip it down a very technical course with lots of turns. (E.G. 110mph straightaway then a sudden 90 degree hairpin that takes about 20mph then as soon as you hit 110 again your braking for another hairpin.) You aren't going to have brake fade issues. I do that with my car its fun :-D.

That being said. I'm not picking on your choice of slotted rotors. Just informing you. They do look cool if nothing else. Are they cryogenically treated? That helps a ton with durability....again not that it matters on a tacoma.

Stay away from cross drilled discs. They are nothing but trouble. If the holes are actually CAST into the rotor its not quite as bad as cross DRILLED rotors, but either way they aren't very nice. I've seen a few cross drilled rotors that have had the drilled sections seperate from the rest of the rotor. Not worth the trouble unless its a race car.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:19 AM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
My beamer wasnt that fast but it could out-handle an indie car stop faster than anything on the road. I used Brimbo components for my brakes.... very VERY impressed