1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

EBC brake rotors

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Mat-taco06, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Jul 13, 2007 at 11:03 AM
    Mat-taco06

Mat-taco06 [OP] 2006 Double cab TRD Sprot

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Viper alarm system w/ Remote start, Eclipse AVN5435 DVD/Navig system with Audiovox Backup Camera,09+ Tailgate Handle, Audiovox Head Rest units, EBC brake rotors, Weathertech Floor Liners, Power Inverter in Cabin
    Has any one upgraded their Rotors and are using EBC ones? I just order my and would like to know if you can see a difference in stopping power, I got them since I'm running 22" Rims on my truck and stocks do the job but since the rims are to heavy I feel I'm over working them. And since EBC rotors are slotted they cool down much faster than stocks one. Any info is much appreciated. Thank you.:D

2. Jul 13, 2007 at 2:00 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

send a pm to pb2themax, im pretty sure he has a set on his tacoma!

3. Jul 13, 2007 at 11:27 PM
    Mudbug

Mudbug Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amsoil 0w-20 engine oil and Amsoil Full synthetic 75w-90 in the Transmission, transfer case, front and rear Differentials. AFE Cold Air Intake
    EBC makes a great product. I've used their pads on my souped up car.

The reason for slotted rotors is not to cool better. Slotted rotors will give a slightly better initial bite. They will also work better in wet weather. The reason for them is not to cool better though. They will actually heat up faster. The reason they are used on competition vehicles is to "heat up" the pads to the optimum temperature. Brake pads work best in a certain heat range. Too hot equals fade, but too cold and you don't have any bite.
    That being said. You are NOT driving a race car or even a street competition vehicle you are driving a truck. Which means your going to be using street compound pads.

As far as the slotteds being able to cool better....Why the hell would you care? Its a truck and unless you are pulling a very heavy load down a mountain it won't matter.
    You want a good initial bite is what you want.
    Unless you pretend your tacoma is a race car and whip it down a very technical course with lots of turns. (E.G. 110mph straightaway then a sudden 90 degree hairpin that takes about 20mph then as soon as you hit 110 again your braking for another hairpin.) You aren't going to have brake fade issues. I do that with my car its fun :-D.

That being said. I'm not picking on your choice of slotted rotors. Just informing you. They do look cool if nothing else. Are they cryogenically treated? That helps a ton with durability....again not that it matters on a tacoma.

Stay away from cross drilled discs. They are nothing but trouble. If the holes are actually CAST into the rotor its not quite as bad as cross DRILLED rotors, but either way they aren't very nice. I've seen a few cross drilled rotors that have had the drilled sections seperate from the rest of the rotor. Not worth the trouble unless its a race car.

4. Aug 3, 2007 at 8:19 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    My beamer wasnt that fast but it could out-handle an indie car stop faster than anything on the road. I used Brimbo components for my brakes.... very VERY impressed

Products Discussed in

To Top