Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

trd supercharger

Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #21
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
I wish I could get a DB lift and put 35's on my truck and talk about how fast it is.......
Damn man, why the hate? Let the man do whatever he wants with his money. So what he likes his truck and thinks it's fast. "Envious eyes give way to malicious tongues" my friend.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #22
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
Damn man, why the hate? Let the man do whatever he wants with his money. So what he likes his truck and thinks it's fast. "Envious eyes give way to malicious tongues" my friend.
Sarcastic envy.... Not hating, just saying it makes no sense to put 35's on your truck and try to have it be fast.... I do whatever I want with my money too, and most of it is stupid and trivial, so that's not the point I'm making.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #23
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
IMO unless your towing a boat or a huge camper, putting a supercharger on a 4,000lb boat is absolutely retarded. Why you ask? Because at the end of the day when your wallet is empty, you're truck will still be slow. You want to go fast buy a car.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #24
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sarcastic envy.... Not hating, just saying it makes no sense to put 35's on your truck and try to have it be fast.... I do whatever I want with my money too, and most of it is stupid and trivial, so that's not the point I'm making.
Gotcha gotcha. I understand.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #25
wormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to beholdwormfood is a splendid one to behold

Army: prior:Combat Engineer 21B, 6th Engineer Battalion  Fort Wainwright AK
Name: David
wormfood's Tacoma Gallery
Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
IMO unless your towing a boat or a huge camper, putting a supercharger on a 4,000lb boat is absolutely retarded. Why you ask? Because at the end of the day when your wallet is empty, you're truck will still be slow. You want to go fast buy a car.
You sir are entitled to your opinion, but as it is said they are like assholes, we all have one.

I am quite sure I am not retarded, well fairly sure.

I am also positive at the end of the day I still have money in my wallet.

I do tow, I also go fast. Is it as fast as ah, well, something faster? No, and that is not what the OP is asking.

It will not improve mpg until you learn to keep your foot out of it. Even then, since your paying for premium it still hits your wallet.

But that extra power is beautiful every time you tap into it, towing, wheeling, or just driving... fast.

No buyers remorse of any type here, I love my sc, all positives in my experience.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #26
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wish I could get a DB lift and put 35's on my truck and talk about how fast it is.......
I was gonna mention something at least about the grille, but did my best to avoid the douchebaggery. You can't hate on the guy for having a nice new truck though. He didn't ask how jealous you were of him and he hasn't done anything wrong. Please reserve the personal slams for those who are actually acting like d-bags.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #27
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I was gonna mention something at least about the grille, but did my best to avoid the douchebaggery. You can't hate on the guy for having a nice new truck though. He didn't ask how jealous you were of him and he hasn't done anything wrong. Please reserve the personal slams for those who are actually acting like d-bags.
Well stated. Even better to the comment about putting the "s/c on boat is retarded".

"Fast" is a relative term, for all of those that were not aware of that simple fact. If your vehicle weighs "X" starting amount, then it has a specific feel of speed through acceleration. The feeling of "Fast". Add a thousand + pounds to it, and OMG....It is now no longer "Fast". Wow! Obvious. Duh. When a person wants to get that back, the best HP per dollar gain is what? F/I. <<< Yes, F/I. Some people like to just be able to accelerate into traffic, without the fear of being plowed. How do you do that? Add more power... Duh. Hey, if it makes it faster even, than it was when it was stock, holy sh!t! Winning!!!

"Fast" is perspective. For those that don't know, don't hate because you cannot comprehend. o_O

P.S. My truck when it was lifted, with 35's and making 407 whp and 491 wtq, was FAST.

With the front mount and 475 whp and 549 wtq, it is even FASTer. Haha.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #29
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstocktaco View Post
Has anyone done any towing with the S/C installed? I have a small TT (approx 4500K) & the truck handles it well, but it really howls on long moderate grades. Wondering if those with S/C's have found it stays in boost even when towing flat grades at 65-70mph with the standard (dealer installed) S/C ECU flash? Or has anyone developed a towing specific tune for the S/C?
One of the reasons I went with a S/C was to get back the ability I had to tow my boat after I went with the lift and 33's. I have an 18.5' Fish-n-Ski boat with a single axle trailer and the Taco was a pretty good tow vehicle before the mods but really had a hard time after. The S/C makes a huge difference and it now tows better than it did when it was stock.

As for MPG, the problem is that the Supercharger sounds really cool when it's in boost and that's not so good for MPG...
Old 04-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #30
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by khegewald View Post
Yea but his truck with 35's will be faster than yours. But don't worry, people will still think your cooler with all your witty, ingenious commentary.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #31
grant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
grant99's Tacoma Gallery
love my SC, can't wait till I get the URD pulley for it! I paid $36XX for mine and installed myself with little effort (other than crank pulley bolt, if you don't have a sweet impact pay a mechanic to crack it for you) in 8hrs with very few tools

If I drive it normally I don't notice much of a difference in MPG, but when I do get the "boost itch" the MPG goes out the window!
Old 12-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #32
koppenj is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
koppenj's Tacoma Gallery
I have 33k on my SC Tacoma. No problems at all so far. Had it supercharged when it was new. Just like having the low end torque in every gear. Not a huge hit on gas mileage either.
Attached Thumbnails
trd supercharger-photo-9-.jpg   trd supercharger-photo-1-8-.jpg  
Old 12-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #33
hmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B
hmcclung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppenj View Post
I have 33k on my SC Tacoma. No problems at all so far. Had it supercharged when it was new. Just like having the low end torque in every gear. Not a huge hit on gas mileage either.
That's a nice looking truck. As the kids would say...I'm jelly.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #34
koppenj is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
koppenj's Tacoma Gallery
Ha! Thanks man. I think I am all done modding it now, so I can actually get some work done during the days instead of browsing the internet for new parts.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #35
...It Hurts when I Pee...
AWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: ParaRescue-SpecOPs
Name: Doc
AWF ROWD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppenj View Post
I have 10k on my S/C'd 13 Sport, and I don't have a fucking clue what my MPG's are, I have nothing to compare it with.....I haven't lifted since I left the dealer's lot.........