Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Magnaflow 11255

Old 03-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow 11255

Well guys just ordered a new muffler after countless hours of research on here.

Found the best muffler for my needs in the Magnaflow 11255:
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=11255

It's a 4x9 oval 18", 24" overall with 2.25" centered in/offset out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti8t1...ature=youtu.be

Let me know what yall think!!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
i have a v6 too and am looking at this muffler...i want something beefier but not too loud. let us know how you like it
Old 03-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Will do. It should be coming in the mail here pretty soon...
Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery

Waiting for sound clips!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
BayTaco is a name known to allBayTaco is a name known to allBayTaco is a name known to allBayTaco is a name known to allBayTaco is a name known to allBayTaco is a name known to all

BayTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have been doing a lot of research myself on this topic. Question: wouldn't you want a 2.5" so you can slip the pipe in when welding? I was looking at the following

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=11256,
which is the exact same as OP but 2.5" and this

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=12256
which is 5x8 oval 18", 24" overall with 2.5".

Not sure which one to go with, so please post sound clip and pics.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayTaco View Post
I have been doing a lot of research myself on this topic. Question: wouldn't you want a 2.5" so you can slip the pipe in when welding? I was looking at the following

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=11256,
which is the exact same as OP but 2.5" and this

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=12256
which is 5x8 oval 18", 24" overall with 2.5".

Not sure which one to go with, so please post sound clip and pics.
Pics/cilps will be posted when it comes in the mail.

As far as 2.25" and 2.5" either will work. The 2.25" is the stock size piping and the 2.5" has to be modified to fit as it is too big IIRC...

Also, some backpressure is lost with 2.5" i think...
Old 03-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Got it put on today...fricken sweet!!

$100 installed with a new pipe turned down after the axle (pics coming)

This is the perfect muffler for people who want just a little sound. Has a nice deep done on start up and accelerating but can't hear a nasty drone while cruising or idling.

This muffler is great!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
BayTaco is a name known to allBayTaco is a name known to allBayTaco is a name known to allBayTaco is a name known to allBayTaco is a name known to allBayTaco is a name known to all

BayTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
Got it put on today...fricken sweet!!

$100 installed with a new pipe turned down after the axle (pics coming)

This is the perfect muffler for people who want just a little sound. Has a nice deep done on start up and accelerating but can't hear a nasty drone while cruising or idling.

This muffler is great!
Awesome, this is exactly what I wanted. I ordered mine on Friday. Looking forward to seeing pics and video. How much did the muffler cost you? Thanks
Old 03-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #9
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
OP edited with pics and video link!!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #10

BayTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds awesome, I wonder if my setup would sound a bit different since I am keeping the stock exit not (turn down over axle) like yours and running a tip? Thanks for the pics and video!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
The muffler is great!! Can't ever hear it while idling or cruising with the radio turned off. When you start it up or step on it, it really comes alive!!

Not sure about all the performance gains but it's sounds just how I wanted it to!! Haha
Old 03-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #12
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I love my magnaflow, i had flowmaster on my last truck and hated it
Old 03-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #13

BayTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine installed today and love it!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #14
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayTaco View Post
Got mine installed today and love it!
Love mine as well!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:25 AM   #15
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
sounds really good carter! i think I'm gonna be getting jordy's flow 40 for cheap!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #17
chewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shedchewingonabone is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Josh
chewingonabone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
As far as 2.25" and 2.5" either will work. The 2.25" is the stock size piping and the 2.5" has to be modified to fit as it is too big IIRC...

Also, some backpressure is lost with 2.5" i think...
Not to steel you rthread, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread for a 'simple' question...

I'm looking into buying a magnaflow muffler with a 2.5" inlet. My question is, can I clamp this onto the stock exhaust, or do I need to have this wielded?

I prefer to mod my truck myself, but wielding might be out of my league.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #18
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
X2 ^^^ interested in the answer to the answer as well
Old 08-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #20
OxyGuy is on a distinguished road

Army:
OxyGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I recently got the same muffler and I kept stock tailpipe. Yep, quiet at idle and cruising speeds, a little louder under acceleration. Just about right. I'm happy with mine.