Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Best Low End Torque mod!

Old 05-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #41
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd.. and want.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #43
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Nice numbers, smooth rise in power for a turbo, its a shame it won't be Ca. legal.
I may have overlooked it, but how much boost?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #44
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Nice numbers, smooth rise in power for a turbo, its a shame it won't be Ca. legal.
I may have overlooked it, but how much boost?
It won't work for everyone in CA, but: Get an aftermarket EMS. Get it tuned on E85. Go get ref'd. Get your pass saying that you do not have to get ref'd anymore because you are running E85. Then put the turbo kit on, and keep the pass or card or whatever it is, in your truck's glovebox.

6 psi boost.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #45
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit!! If this thing can pull those kinds of numbers on all installs it will be a beast. Based on the charts it beats out both URD's stage 1 and stage 2 kits for both horsepower and torque from 2500-5500 rpm and the stage 3 beats it between 2250-2500 and above 5250 rpm only. It toasts most of the charts I found for the TRD S/C as well!!

DO WANT!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #47
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Do get!

Shh...but I hear rumor that a twin turbo kit might be in the works.....
Nice! Hopefully by the time i get all my other mods taken care of and F/I is next on the list this stuff will be more readily available
Old 06-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #48
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
would be badass for my 4runner also..
Old 06-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #49
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Been looking for this. Nice work!
Old 06-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #50
SIK X is on a distinguished road
SIK X's Tacoma Gallery
This kit is availible for in house installs, you just need to use proefi for tunning, or tune it yourself with whatever you want. Im just still trying to get this working perfect with the maps ecu 3. Im not a tuner, just the designer and builder, so trying to find the right people that know how to tune with map ecu 3 is the tough part. But I got hooked up with some nice turbos that i know would make more power than this one, so i might be making a twin kit in the next few months.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:23 PM   #51
toon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoon714 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: toon
toon714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK X View Post
This kit is availible for in house installs, you just need to use proefi for tunning, or tune it yourself with whatever you want. Im just still trying to get this working perfect with the maps ecu 3. Im not a tuner, just the designer and builder, so trying to find the right people that know how to tune with map ecu 3 is the tough part. But I got hooked up with some nice turbos that i know would make more power than this one, so i might be making a twin kit in the next few months.
this man speaks the truth.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:54 AM   #52
tacobuild is on a distinguished road

tacobuild's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys im new to tacoma world, I just picked up a 2000 trd prerunner and was wondering what kind of performance mods to put on. super charge or turbo and what els i would have to put on to get optimal performance. I need the extra power to tow my boat. I love this truck but it could use some extra power. Please help. Thanks guys.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:17 AM   #53
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobuild View Post
hey guys im new to tacoma world, I just picked up a 2000 trd prerunner and was wondering what kind of performance mods to put on. super charge or turbo and what els i would have to put on to get optimal performance. I need the extra power to tow my boat. I love this truck but it could use some extra power. Please help. Thanks guys.
Search TRD supercharger.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #55
Tacoma convert
viperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant future
Navy: DoN civilian
viperstd's Tacoma Gallery
It is pretty badass looking, great fab skills!

... but I have to say, at $6,000, I don't see it. You can go TRD S/C, keep your warranty, be CA legal, and keep $2,500. That will get you 260-270 at the rears. Oh, and you can still use a snorkel!

Then once the warranty is finally up, run a smaller pulley and be pulling respectable numbers just over 300 HP.

I guess it is like they say, you got pay to play!

Has anyone looked at a twin turbo remote install? Two small turbos where the down pipes make the turn for the cats? That would be instant boost too, help keep engine bay temps down, and might not need an intercooler.

Back to the OP, I hope the final setup comes out as nice as it looks like it will! Good luck with the fuel/engine management. 400 Hp would be sick!!
To:
Old 07-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #56
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
I know of two twin turbo XRs. Both are front mounts. One is making about 630 whp. The other is just over 400.

No matter where the turbos are placed, an intercooler is a must. It a a safety feature as well as keeps helps make extra power. No point on cutting a corner on that part.

Try getting the TRD to make similar power levels, per psi, and your TRD kit will really start increasing in price.

At the end of the day though, it still has the CARB sticker. Just don't change the intake...
Old 07-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #57
Tacoma convert
viperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant futureviperstd has a brilliant future
Quote:
I know of two twin turbo XRs. Both are front mounts. One is making about 630 whp. The other is just over 400.

No matter where the turbos are placed, an intercooler is a must. It a a safety feature as well as keeps helps make extra power. No point on cutting a corner on that part.

Try getting the TRD to make similar power levels, per psi, and your TRD kit will really start increasing in price.

At the end of the day though, it still has the CARB sticker. Just don't change the intake...
No doubt your turbo setups will "blow" a Turd S/C out of the game when you start trying to crack the 300 mark. (<-- a pun... get it?)

Are you the guy w/ the crazy build that is on version 3 or some nonsense and four JB welded motors later ? Fully built bottom-end up? I think I read that saga on XR and it was yours?

I hope these kits pan out and there is 4x4 support at some point. An option other than URD would be sweet.

BTW, did APR give up on 09+ support for X-one?
Old 07-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #59
Tacoma convert
Quote:
APR stopped production a couple of years ago, for all Tacomas.

You are referring to the correct person, about a build. But you exaggeration of the details is just that.
Cool. I knew I was exaggerating, but you did have 2 (or 3 w/ the g/f's?) blocks going at once and were on a 3rd iteration of power adding, no? Either way... it is an epic build! Awesome work on the 4.0 platform.