Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Windows down in Summer or A/C on?

View Poll Results: Windows or A/C on, which do you prefer
A/C on 95 54.29%
Windows down 80 45.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #21
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
I wasn't aware of the fact that my windows roll down, fuck a bunch wind that's feels like a air dryer. I run AC "almost" year round.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #22
silver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
silver taco's Tacoma Gallery
What I like is to drive with the windows down and the AC on. It's the best of both worlds. Fresh air with a cool breeze.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:23 AM   #23
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
both.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:42 AM   #24
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
AC on and windows up 90% of the time. Not much a choice with the humidty we have.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:36 AM   #25
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
AC. I sweat too much when its hot out.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:20 AM   #26
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Mythbusters tested this on a track, good watch.
Let us know what you think.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #27
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfast View Post
Mythbusters tested this on a track, good watch.
Let us know what you think.
also tested out the a bed cover gets worse MPG than an open bed. and tail gate up VS down.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #28
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
if it's above 65 degrees windows are always down. no exceptions, period. ive been like that since i was 16. in the year and a half ive had my taco i have honestly probably ran the A/C less than 2 hours. and thats only when my sister or gf rides with me. . . .i always have a tan left arm all the way up to where the wind bunches the shirt up when i drive and a regular farmers tan on the right by the end of the summer haha.
THIS!!!! HA! Double cab windows down FTW!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #29
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I normally run with the windows down or cracked on mild days and run the A/c on my feet when it gets hotter out. I don't see a noticeable difference in mpg with windows down + A/c.

If I have a passenger I'll roll them up.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #30
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
a/c always
Old 03-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #31
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
usually windows down, but if I have to go somewhere important and have to dress up, then AC
Old 03-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #32
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
In Texas its windows down until it reaches 90 degrees. Then your A/C on.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #33
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
also tested out the a bed cover gets worse MPG than an open bed. and tail gate up VS down.
It was my understanding the in order of fuel efficiency it was:
1 Cap
2 Tonneau
3 Open bed
4 Open bed tailgate down
5 Ford
Old 03-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #34
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
THIS!!!! HA! Double cab windows down FTW!
yes sir. crank some tunes, and roll em all down. even long trips on hot days, i just sweat through it with a smile lol.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #35
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Run windows down until it gets too hot and then the A\C is on.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #36
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
iím windows down unless iím on interstate. if iím on interstate some time i leave them down but most time up and A/C on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgroce View Post
x2
x3
Old 03-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #38
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfast View Post
It was my understanding the in order of fuel efficiency it was:
1 Cap
2 Tonneau
3 Open bed
4 Open bed tailgate down
5 Ford

This is what I thought as well, except the #5, my buddy has a 2012 F150 four door 4x4 that get way better mileage than my taco.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #39
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Had a/c on today! it was 82 degrees and with the humidity in NC thats pretty warm outside
Old 03-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #40
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
84 and sunny right now just rode to school windows down the entire way. I hate the cold and love when it's hot.