Notices

Windows down in Summer or A/C on?

View Poll Results: Windows or A/C on, which do you prefer
A/C on 95 54.29%
Windows down 80 45.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #41
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
if it's above 65 degrees windows are always down. no exceptions, period. ive been like that since i was 16. in the year and a half ive had my taco i have honestly probably ran the A/C less than 2 hours. and thats only when my sister or gf rides with me. . . .i always have a tan left arm all the way up to where the wind bunches the shirt up when i drive and a regular farmers tan on the right by the end of the summer haha.
Roll you back drives side window down about half way and it'll stop the air buffeting around up front and be a smooth flow of air but in the back it buffets around so if anyone is riding back there they may not like it very much.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #42
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
AC on over 40 mph. I hate wind noise.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #43
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
I run windows down rear slider open and if I'm in stop-and-go I'll tun on the AC to the floor. I miss being able to open the rear quarter windows. Those damn clips broke a long time ago and I've never gotten around to a fix.

The only drawback is on a windy day I can get caught in blowing sand. Manual crank windows suck sometimes.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #44
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Roll you back drives side window down about half way and it'll stop the air buffeting around up front and be a smooth flow of air but in the back it buffets around so if anyone is riding back there they may not like it very much.
I was in a new Ford Focus 4-door a while back. Highway speeds with the fronts down only causes serious ear pain. Backs down only buffets so hard that the front doors would flap enough that you could see daylight bewtween tham and the A-posts!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #45
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudpedal View Post
I was in a new Ford Focus 4-door a while back. Highway speeds with the fronts down only causes serious ear pain. Backs down only buffets so hard that the front doors would flap enough that you could see daylight bewtween tham and the A-posts!
I ride fronts down all the way with the back drivers halfway down. Rear passenger is always up unless someone back there rolls it down.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #46
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
If it is hot I AC it. That's what it's for.
This ^^^

Also here in GA the humidity is just too much in the summer. I do like leaving them down when the weather is right, just like the last couple of days here. Spring and fall they're down often. I do miss my sunroof from my last truck though, it stayed open quite often, even with the windows up and air on at times.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #47
Mind = Blown

I have seen warning stickers on new cars warning of the buffeting in certain window configurations.

I miss openable vent windows on the front doors and the vents that blew into the floor from the wheel wells like my 66 Mustang had.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:19 PM   #48
Wants to learn all about his Taco.
Taylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaylor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Taylor's Tacoma Gallery
Wow... I just learned today that I can open my half windows in the back out further and lock them open.... I feel dumb.

Quote:
Manual crank windows suck sometimes.
Yeah, especially when you want to roll the passenger side up or down. LEEEAAAANNNNN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfast View Post
It was my understanding the in order of fuel efficiency it was:
1 Cap
2 Tonneau
3 Open bed
4 Open bed tailgate down
5 Ford

Tailgate down gets less gas mileage?
Old 03-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #49
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyBusGaming View Post
Wow... I just learned today that I can open my half windows in the back out further and lock them open.... I feel dumb.

Yeah, especially when you want to roll the passenger side up or down. LEEEAAAANNNNN!

Old 03-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #50
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I like the windows open but if its really hot i put the AC on. Rather not sweat my ass off.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #51
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyBusGaming View Post
Yes, in theory, for a long bed. The tailgate "catches" some of the air coming down from the roof and reduces flow separation. For a short bed, tailgate up is no improvement because the drop down angle aft of the roof is too severe.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #52
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
iím windows down unless iím on interstate. if iím on interstate some time i leave them down but most time up and A/C on.
same, too noisy on highways, never gets hot enough in AK to need AC. When I was in 120 degree F weather in Lake Havasu one summer the AC was on, to hot otherwise.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:54 AM   #53
gbjr78 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
gbjr78's Tacoma Gallery
Windows Down Radio Up!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:58 AM   #54
Borocay is on a distinguished road
Borocay's Tacoma Gallery
It's hard not to turn the A/C on when I get in my car/truck in the summer and it is 110 degrees outside. It literally feels like an oven. My wife and I came out of a movie theater last year and when we got in our Camry the temp gauge showed 117 degrees. With temps like that it doesn't take too long to have heat stroke. At that moment I didn't care about anything but having some ice cold air blowing across my body.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #55
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I run windows down rear slider open and if I'm in stop-and-go I'll tun on the AC to the floor. I miss being able to open the rear quarter windows. Those damn clips broke a long time ago and I've never gotten around to a fix.

The only drawback is on a windy day I can get caught in blowing sand. Manual crank windows suck sometimes.
FYI their is a guy on here that makes metal ones for the quarter windows.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #56
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowroxKT View Post
same, too noisy on highways, never gets hot enough in AK to need AC. When I was in 120 degree F weather in Lake Havasu one summer the AC was on, to hot otherwise.
i found out in my truck that if both front are down itís not bad. i hear the cars and trucks but itís fine. in the scion XB i would get the buffering or what ever. i had all 4 down today going and coming back from gym even on interstate.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #57
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Out here in Nevada it gets too hot not to use the AC.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #58

also roll with front windows all way down. A/C /air on feet and windshield. some times bottom wants to fog so i just put air or A/C ON it and my feet.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #59
Will The Thrill

Quote:
I have seen warning stickers on new cars warning of the buffeting in certain window configurations.

I miss openable vent windows on the front doors and the vents that blew into the floor from the wheel wells like my 66 Mustang had.
The good 'ole 65 and 2 air conditioning.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #60
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
meh, you look like a dork with the back windows just cracked. . .rear passengers just have to lean in if they dont want to get beat to death