Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Windows down in Summer or A/C on?

View Poll Results: Windows or A/C on, which do you prefer
A/C on 95 54.29%
Windows down 80 45.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #82
ToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt(hew)
ToyComa84's Tacoma Gallery
well both. depends on the climate of where you live, drive, etc you get your best gas mileage supposedly anywhere between 55-60mph. at least, according to Reader's Digest. if you're driving slower than 55, u can roll with the windows down, but if you're doing 55+above use the AC. if i remember correctly. personally if the weather's good, i like feeling the wind, if it's not too muggy/humid.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #83
PUT THE WORK IN
g.hampton will become famous soon enoughg.hampton will become famous soon enough

Air Force: aerial porter
Name: Garrett
g.hampton's Tacoma Gallery
usually i run with the windows down but lately its been 100+ the past couple days so the A/C has been workin overtime!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #84
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Past couple days here in Georgia have been awful with this wave of heat going around. I walk outside and it feels like all the cool air in my body gets sucked out. So naturally I keep my windows up/AC on. And secondly the bugs around here are awful if you are driving lower than 60mph...wasps and crap getting sucked into my cab
Old 07-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #85
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
ac.

sunday at work was 112.

right now its 99, but humid as shit.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #86
Do or Do not there is no try.
Toyoda Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Toyoda Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
When the humidex is high, a/c all the way.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #87
MiamiBoi
KaliSwag is on a distinguished road

KaliSwag's Tacoma Gallery
A/C on 99.9 % of the time !
Old 07-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #88
JPR21 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Joe
JPR21's Tacoma Gallery
I am a "Windows Down" in the Summer-
However...

Living in San Angelo (West Texas), where the dirt kicks up every 15 minutes from construction, the wind, and with the military base being out in the industrial area where big rigs tend kick up funnels of dirt, I tend to roll my windows up w/AC around those areas till I am in town or on the highway. The reason for this is because my previous vehicle would end up with dust on the inside and would hate having to dust it the interior almost everyday.

Long story short, windows up/AC on only where dust may seep through my vehicle. Heat isn't a factor for me. Also I wonder if there are others on here that have a similar reason, haven't had time to go through every single post
Old 07-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #90
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Its 99 degrees where I am at right now at 9:06Pm...AC, IDC what it does to my mpg
Old 07-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #91
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Its 99 degrees where I am at right now at 9:06Pm...AC, IDC what it does to my mpg
Judging by your sig I wouldn't have guessed you're a gas mileage conscious person haha

I enjoy the wind with the windows down around town, I always choose windows down UNTIL it gets uncomfortably hot and/or humid. It's really a simple solution. AC is for comfort, so once you've broken your comfort threshold, turn it one, BAM, there you have it.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #92
TRDsportacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
TRDsportacoma's Tacoma Gallery
down here in the south its windows down until it gets wicked hot then i have to put the A/C on b/c of the humidity. but majority of the time its windows down
Old 07-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #93
MiamiBoi
KaliSwag is on a distinguished road

KaliSwag's Tacoma Gallery
Miami , FL

Even its 70 degress outside and thats in the winter only , or even if ur in the shade , the humidity is a killer / every one out here lives and dies on air conditioning !
Old 08-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #94
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
AC on windows down.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #95
tacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomonazul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
tacomonazul's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't have AC over here you die with 135 degrese