Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD TCAI + re-tune

Old 12-15-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
URD TCAI + re-tune

hey guys installed the URD tcai this weekend. this thing is bad ass, the hole was kinda of bitch to cut out but i managed. Gadget over at URD re-tuned my truck and is now "dialed in" as he would say. the truck runs alot smoother now. I also wanna say Thanks to URD and Gadget for answering any questions and for their help, its a pleasure watching Gadget work.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I just noticed on mine that the filter has a few holes worn in it because the back of the grill came into contact with the filter. Check to make sure you have some clearance on that.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I just noticed on mine that the filter has a few holes worn in it because the back of the grill came into contact with the filter. Check to make sure you have some clearance on that.

thanks for the heads up.. ill check that later, its also starting to rain here so im gonna put the filter cover on later... hopefully when i change the grille to the grillcraft in a few weeks the clearance will be better
Old 12-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
thanks for the heads up.. ill check that later, its also starting to rain here so im gonna put the filter cover on later... hopefully when i change the grille to the grillcraft in a few weeks the clearance will be better
The K&N filter hurt my gas mileage by about 2mpg. I drive in the rain often and I don't notice any difference without the filter except for the gas mileage. The grillcraft will definitely help because you won't have the sharp ridges digging into it. But I'd still check it out.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
The K&N filter hurt my gas mileage by about 2mpg. I drive in the rain often and I don't notice any difference without the filter except for the gas mileage. The grillcraft will definitely help because you won't have the sharp ridges digging into it. But I'd still check it out.

damn so the cover robbed 2 mpg from u? then i might just keep that off and only put it on when i go offroading.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
hey guys installed the URD tcai this weekend. this thing is bad ass, the hole was kinda of bitch to cut out but i managed. Gadget over at URD re-tuned my truck and is now "dialed in" as he would say. the truck runs alot smoother now. I also wanna say Thanks to URD and Gadget for answering any questions and for their help, its a pleasure watching Gadget work.
How was the install as far as extending the MAF sensor wire and all???
Old 12-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
How was the install as far as extending the MAF sensor wire and all???

extending the maf wires are easy. just cut one at a time, and slide a heat shrinktube on each end, which is included, and then just solder in the wire extention that also comes with it. then slide up the heatshrink and heat her up.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #8
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
extending the maf wires are easy. just cut one at a time, and slide a heat shrinktube on each end, which is included, and then just solder in the wire extention that also comes with it. then slide up the heatshrink and heat her up.
Ok, and soldering is the only way to gaurantee connection, right?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #9
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
you can use butt connectors, but i highly highly recommend soldering the connections. one, it will help keep things looking clean, and two, unless you have something rip it out, the chances of the connections breaking compared to butt connectors comming off is ridiculous.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
you can use butt connectors, but i highly highly recommend soldering the connections. one, it will help keep things looking clean, and two, unless you have something rip it out, the chances of the connections breaking compared to butt connectors comming off is ridiculous.
Cool thanks for the info. Better start searching for a decent soldering gun...

Laters.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #11
you can pick one up from home depot for pretty cheap. i use this one for all the work ive done, including the led swap on the gauges, and any other electrical connections ive made on the truck.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100391613
Old 12-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #12
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
you can pick one up from home depot for pretty cheap. i use this one for all the work ive done, including the led swap on the gauges, and any other electrical connections ive made on the truck.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100391613
Thats cheaper than I thought. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #13
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:

I experienced the exact same thing. My K&N cover sits in my glovebox now.

Quote:
Crap. I guess I better check this before I drive 2,800 miles, huh? D'oht!