Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Newly Released Airaid Intake for 2005-12 Toyota Tacoma, 4Runner & FJ

Old 07-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #82
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for dyno's!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #83
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Not sure. Since there are two other base dynos, of similar outputs, it will be ok for comparison.

Clearly, one truck's before and after is best, but if he doesn't, it will still be good for comparison.
Meh. I would like to see the before and after on the same truck since no 2 trucks put out the same power to the ground.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #85
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Just posted a dyno graph which has before and after of only the URD TCAI, in N/A Dyno thread.
Link please?
Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #87
TAP Auto Parts
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Nice gains across the powerband!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #88
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
do want. too bad I have a 2.7
Old 08-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #89
TAP Auto Parts
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Just saw this for any of you guys who picked one up.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #90
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas of MRT View Post
Just saw this for any of you guys who picked one up.

Too bad it isn't 50%. I want one but only for looks since it doesn't do much.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #91
NtacomaR is on a distinguished road

Name: nick
NtacomaR's Tacoma Gallery
just recently purchased one and will be getting it in about 2 to 3 days...will take b4 and after pics...i will let yall know how i feel about it when i install it
Old 09-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #92
waheed is on a distinguished road

Name: Waheed
waheed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
so christian is this thing cold air intake
STOCK intake is also cold air intake and FREE
Old 09-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #94
Banned
Must have been a negative gain.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #95
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Also, from NYCO's build thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/157700-nyco-build-thread-46.html

Quote, "
finally got some time on the new setup, and i must say...i am missing my CAI! (for those lazy bastards, i had the volant CAI with ram air and doug thorley long tubes, now i have thorley short tubes and in preparation for a snorkel install, i have gone back to the stock air intake)

my mpg have gone down by 2-3mpg on my 150mile plus journey south to a client today and i have also noticed a dramatic increase in my intake temps...usually at speed, my intake temps would run 2-5* above the outside air temps...with the stock intake i am running 10-15* above outside temps...that's at highway speeds too

on my way home from work yesterday, i noticed my intake temps were 20*+ over the outside air temps

so, idk about any hp or torque gains from the volant CAI with skewp, but i can attest to the mpg gains and effectiveness to pull in cold air..

makes me want this snorkel on even more now.... "

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Must have been a negative gain.
Ha. Funny guy. :P You know it wasn't.

EDIT* Here is the link. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/performance-tuning/233388-2012-tacoma-airaid-intake-results.html
Old 02-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #96
TAP Auto Parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NtacomaR View Post
im working on getting the before and after pics of my intake up, and the dyno sheet. i yielded 9.63 HP and 11.27 TQ to be exact lol. the sound is amazing. more of the power comes around 3200-3600 rpm. but you can def feel the little extra power, nothing to crazy though. the install is def a pain in the ass. a lot of re-locating i.e. airpump, power steering fluid. very good quality parts. it looks to me they did put a lot of attention into it. fitment is perfect once you re-locating is done. the only problem i ran into was it did through a check engine light after install. and i found out it was because, when your connecting the airpump extension wires make sure you have a solid good connection. i didnt, and it threw a code. but i redid that, and reset my ecu and so far no code.

any other questions just ask.

thats pretty good
Old 03-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #97
03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold03f5sp is a splendid one to behold
Name: Bill
03f5sp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post

BUT IS IT CA LEGAL???
Probably not. Nothing is legal in CA. Nothing.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #98
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03f5sp View Post
Probably not. Nothing is legal in CA. Nothing.

read the fine print under the image of the CAI, " not legal in California...
Old 01-06-2014, 12:19 PM   #100
TAP Auto Parts
^^ Looks good installed.