Notices

performance for my tacoma

Old 03-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
mudslinger69 is on a distinguished road
Name: matt
mudslinger69's Tacoma Gallery
performance for my tacoma

hey everyone,

new to the forum i got a 4.0L 07 tacoma, love the truck i wanna do the usual performance stuff to it, cold air intake, chip, exhaust, throttle body spacer, cold air sensor..

any info would be great

thanks
Old 03-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
You already have a CAI, chips do exist but do nothing for our vehicles as the throttle body spacer, and the exhaust is for sound.

Welcome.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger or don't waste your money. And if you want exhaust weld a muffler in.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger69 View Post
hey everyone,

new to the forum i got a 4.0L 07 tacoma, love the truck i wanna do the usual performance stuff to it, cold air intakeyou already have CAI stock, no power gains will be made with aftermarkey, chipwont help, exhaust,will sound good but thats about it throttle body spacerbetter off trying snake oil, cold air sensor..

any info would be great

thanks
from everything i have read on here and my research you will get very minimal gains from bolt on mods (intake, exhaust, headers, plug and play chips...) your truck will sound mean but you dont get any noticable gains that are worth the money you will spend, with that said, if you get a supercahrger you will see huge gains, but its big $$$$$ and then you will be doing intake, exhaust, headers, chip... as part of the supercharger install.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #5
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
Take $10, buy the decals and stickers for all of the above said items. Take the other $5000 and burn it in the backyard. You will get the same results. Or if you are really smart, you write a check for $5000 and burn the check.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
F-125Racer is on a distinguished road

F-125Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Intake, spacer, chip, Headers=virtually no gain, just noise. DO the S/C or nothing. I've had mine for two years and love it. Mileage is better, power is excellent, and you really don't have to do anything else.
Ignore the haters that don't have one.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
Take $10, buy the decals and stickers for all of the above said items. Take the other $5000 and burn it in the backyard. You will get the same results. Or if you are really smart, you write a check for $5000 and burn the check.
Incorrect... And your ignorance is showing. $5k spent on a supercharger for these trucks is very well worth it in many people's eyes.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
Tbones taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
Tbones taco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. I also have a 2007 V6 4.0L and i love it. They are right, i added a Flowmaster 40 and K&N filter and picked up 1mpg. I love the sound but not a lot of extra power. I'm happy with it. I used the extra money for lift and tires.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #10
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Cool Go to XRU... and

Do a bunch of research before asking open ended questions. HP Mods are subjective and pending your audience, you can really stir the pot the wrong way. Hit up a Forum that is about taking it to the next level in regards to HP performance and gain.

I love TW, but noticed that besides gaining comments from a few true enthusiast/positive members...

Asking about an HP enhancer such as OP asked or even SC/TC set-ups is VOODOO in this forum.

Why are there so many haters TW???

LOL...
Old 03-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Do a bunch of research before asking open ended questions. HP Mods are subjective and pending your audience, you can really stir the pot the wrong way. Hit up a Forum that is about taking it to the next level in regards to HP performance and gain.

I love TW, but noticed that besides gaining comments from a few true enthusiast/positive members...

Asking about an HP enhancer such as OP asked or even SC/TC set-ups is VOODOO in this forum.

LOL...
this is very true.. there are alot of haters for some reason. sometimes it feels like i roll up in my taco to a mopar meet or something

personally, i have a CAI and a flowmaster super 40 and i can tell a difference but only with throttle response. i also loveeeeeee the way they both sound. if anything, they will turn heads
Old 03-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post

LOL...
People think that bolting on exhaust and an intake is going to get them 70000 horsepower. Also on the end these are trucks and they aren't that fast. So that's why most people brush off the performance threads.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #13
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Also check xru for dyno sheets of both force fed, and natural aspirated trucks.....you wont find many slips here at all, just a lot of talk.
This man said it best. I will reiterate, that there stigma against factual knowledge of performance mods on this forum. For everything else though, this forum is the place to be.

You want performance knowledge go here: www.XR-underground.com

They have all the knowledge and testing to back it up there.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #14
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
This man said it best. I will reiterate, that there stigma against factual knowledge of performance mods on this forum. For everything else though, this forum is the place to be.

You want performance knowledge go here: www.XR-underground.com

They have all the knowledge and testing to back it up there.
^^^ Truth. Was on there last night and amazed to see how they embraced members looking to up the power on their Taco's. Good support, feedback, & community, along with lots of video & posted dyno sheets.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Two Kidd. Your truck looks amazing! I have always loves the bronze on white.
Reps Tor! I saw you're an active poster on XRF....I've learned a lot from you already. Your rig is throwing down some gnarly numbers bro. Congrats.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #17
mr.mike8525 is on a distinguished road
mr.mike8525's Tacoma Gallery
What would be considered parasidic mods?

One thing I would never consider putting on my truck would be something that would sacrafice its longevity, having said that, which would enhance the performance and possibly extend its lifespan without wearing it out prematurely.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #19
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mike8525 View Post
One thing I would never consider putting on my truck would be something that would sacrafice its longevity, having said that, which would enhance the performance and possibly extend its lifespan without wearing it out prematurely.
I've always related superchargers to burning up piston rings. They are cool though