Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Before the rear tire exhaust

Old 03-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
wannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
wannatoy570's Tacoma Gallery
Before the rear tire exhaust

Is anyone running their exhaust out the side before the rear tire? Pics and advice please
Old 03-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jjbsocal's Tacoma Gallery
Not off to side, but dumps before axle, straight down..

If you're planning on suspension and off roading, id say do it..

I'm running a MBRP XP series turn down..
Old 03-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
jimmyk4d5 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
jimmyk4d5's Tacoma Gallery
exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
my exhaust dumps before the rear axle as well, but mine is made by magnaflow.
is it the offroad exhaust? do you like it? what did you pay for it? i am really considering the same thing. how do you like it?
Old 03-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
yea its the offroad pro series. i didnt like it at first, but once i drove around on it for a little while...it started to sound a lot better. I paid $288 with free shipping from 4wheelparts.com. check out the last few pages of my build...you'll be able to see some pictures there.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, mine was the same way.. sounds way better now.. and i got an improvement of 1 mpg too..
Old 03-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbsocal View Post
Yeah, mine was the same way.. sounds way better now.. and i got an improvement of 1 mpg too..
nice!!! yea my gas mileage got a little better too.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
wannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm talking about the pipes coming out the side in front of the tire so you can see the pipes. I haven't seen a taco with an exhaust like that so I was gonna try it. What do you think?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannatoy570 View Post
I'm talking about the pipes coming out the side in front of the tire so you can see the pipes. I haven't seen a taco with an exhaust like that so I was gonna try it. What do you think?
yea i don't see any issues with doing the side exit in front of the rear tire as long as you're not running any side steps, nerf bars, etc.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #10

Think it would look alright?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #11

yea i dont see why it wouldnt. i have never seen a tacoma with the side exit like that, but its your truck...so do what you want!! good luck
Old 03-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #12

Quote:
I've seen it.. its okay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
yea i don't see any issues with doing the side exit in front of the rear tire as long as you're not running any side steps, nerf bars, etc.
offroading, wheeling, crawling, etc..

Quote:
Think it would look alright?
Looks great in mall parking lots..
Old 04-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #13
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Take this for what it's worth, as I don't feel like trying to search up a source, but I recall something about after Ford's F150 re-style 1 or 2 gens ago that had the exhaust exiting in front of the rear tire. Exhaust dumping on that tire was causing it to degrade much faster than normal. Might want to check into this a bit before modding that direction.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #14
jimmyk4d5 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
jimmyk4d5's Tacoma Gallery
good point

I think that is a great and valid point to consider. not to mention the discoloration it may cause over time. The heat and smoke seem like it would cause damage over time.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #15
Is it June yet
jmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant future

Name: O.I.C.
jmast's Tacoma Gallery
It was only on the 97 F150's and discontinued due to rim/center cap discoloration.

This is on my list of things to do on my tacoma.
2 pipes side exit before rear tire. Love that shit...

OP do it and post pics!!!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #16
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Wont the leaf spring get in the way? At least maybe on a dcsb?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #17
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
yes I had one of those 97....
sorry, but you want to talk about a big piece of shit!!!!!