Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

My air filter melted

Old 03-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #21
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
No. Try hosting it on Photobucket first then post it here. It's free. Google it.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #22
gospurs21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
gospurs21's Tacoma Gallery
Ok actually im not too sure if it was astock one. I would guess so cause it says "this vehichle comes equipped w/ a non disposable air filter" but like i said we bought it used from a CAR LOT not a dealership
Old 03-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #23
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
best troll ever
Old 03-26-2014, 12:36 PM   #25
2006 Tacoma TRD Sport XSP
mnerren is on a distinguished road

Army: US Army 1985-88
mnerren's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an old thread, but I have the same Borla reusable filter. Toyota of the South East installed these and Borla exhaust on a lot of their trucks under the XSP option. My Borla filter is also melted some around the rubber frame of the filter. Last time I checked I noticed that. I didn't remove it, but left it in, it was stuck in there basically. I'm going to replace it with a stock or a K&N filter. I think it is a manufacturing defect on the part of Borla. The engine hasn't gotten that hot, it just looks like the rubber frame is really soft.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:40 PM   #26
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnerren View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I have the same Borla reusable filter. Toyota of the South East installed these and Borla exhaust on a lot of their trucks under the XSP option. My Borla filter is also melted some around the rubber frame of the filter. Last time I checked I noticed that. I didn't remove it, but left it in, it was stuck in there basically. I'm going to replace it with a stock or a K&N filter. I think it is a manufacturing defect on the part of Borla. The engine hasn't gotten that hot, it just looks like the rubber frame is really soft.

PLEASE do not use K&N. Those POS filters most likely cost me a engine. See here for reference.... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...ml#post8363871
Old 03-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #27
2006 Tacoma TRD Sport XSP
mnerren is on a distinguished road

Army: US Army 1985-88
mnerren's Tacoma Gallery
I'll just get a paper filter then. That's cheaper, but I got to change the more often, but probably better in the long run. Is Fram okay, I want to stop by the Auto Zone and not go to the dealership.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #28
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll just get a paper filter then. That's cheaper, but I got to change the more often, but probably better in the long run. Is Fram okay, I want to stop by the Auto Zone and not go to the dealership.
After seeing the inside of their oil filters I stopped using Fram.

I got a 10pk of Wix online for dirt cheap.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:51 AM   #29
Quote:
thank you! lol everyone thought i was trolling, i had a Borla filter as well and the rubber seal melted idk how tf but it did.. i just bought a $20 that was supposed to be a 3 month replacement but its been perfect for over 2 yrs now
Old 04-02-2014, 02:39 AM   #30
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospurs21 View Post
thank you! lol everyone thought i was trolling, i had a Borla filter as well and the rubber seal melted idk how tf but it did.. i just bought a $20 that was supposed to be a 3 month replacement but its been perfect for over 2 yrs now

You are the OP that keeps on giving...you may want to switch out that air filter sometime soon.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:26 AM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post

You are the OP that keeps on giving...you may want to switch out that air filter sometime soon.
what?
Old 05-28-2014, 01:39 AM   #32
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 12 n msarng
Name: Matt
06texasedition's Tacoma Gallery
Which filter did u buy because I noticed this on my Texas edition also