Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2012 seatbelt buzzer off?

Old 04-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
2012 seatbelt buzzer off?

I found a thread on here telling you how to disable the seatbelt buzzer by holding down trip button a certain time limit and then pushing it again to turn the buzzer off. I tried this but it is not working in my 2012. Does anyone know how to do this?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Zakc is on a distinguished road

Name: Zac
Zakc's Tacoma Gallery
Huh, that's strange. I just tried it on my 2010 taco, and it worked. As far as i can see, it should be the same as your 2012, maybe try contacting the service department at your local Toyota?
Old 04-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
I just researched and found a thread that explains it. If you have a 2011 with the white gauge faces or newer, as my 2012 has white gauge faces, then you can not disable the seatbelt chime. You have to take it to the dealer and ask them to do it ughhhh
Old 04-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
wlandrum is on a distinguished road
wlandrum's Tacoma Gallery
Yes that's right. I took my 2012 to the dealer and they disabled the driver and passenger side. The downside is, if I lose battery power then the seatbelt chimes turn back on, and then you have to go back in again.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlandrum View Post
Yes that's right. I took my 2012 to the dealer and they disabled the driver and passenger side. The downside is, if I lose battery power then the seatbelt chimes turn back on, and then you have to go back in again.
Did you have to pay
Old 04-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlandrum View Post
Ok thanks, I go in May for my first oil change, I will ask them then if they will do it
Old 04-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #7
wlandrum is on a distinguished road
wlandrum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbturner47 View Post
Did you have to pay

Unfortunately I did have to pay, but some dealers might just do it real quick and not charge.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #8
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I usually just put my seat belt on... It doesn't chime.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
jeffd is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
jeffd's Tacoma Gallery
My dealer wants $25 to eliminate the noise... One of Toyota's new revenue streams....
Old 04-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd View Post
My dealer wants $25 to eliminate the noise... One of Toyota's new revenue streams....
sounds like a rip off
Old 04-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #11
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Mine did it for free. They told me they couldn't do it at all, but I suggested that they could as I had read it on the computer. They could access it once into the computer on the truck. Went and asked the tech, he must have been interested, pulled me right around back and plugged in the lap top and had them both off in no time.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #12
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
took my truckto dealership for first oil change, asked if they would disable the seatbelt chime and they said no they can't do that. I said well you can but you choose not to, they had no comment except "well you're supposed to wear your seatbelt".......I said yeah and I do. But you know if your driving off road or doing outside work using your truck you don't want to have to put seatbelt on each time. Oh well I will have to live with it until someone on here figure's out how to do it
Old 05-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Open up the dash,remove the buzzer ! lol...and while you're in there make the gauges a different color !!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #14
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
lol if it was only that easy....... and i like my gauges, i have the the white gauges