Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Grill cut out for URD TCAI write up

Old 12-16-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Grill cut out for URD TCAI write up

hey guys, some of the URD TCAI users have some problems with the filter touching the inner grill. mine barely touched but thought it would be cool to make more room between them and got the dremel out and did some cutting.

heres the area that im going to cut

i used a dremel to cut some of the plastic out, heres what i cut out (right side)

And heres a pic of the filter behind the cut out

Theres alot more room now between the grill and the filter
Old 12-16-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
Ultimate Member
SLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to beholdSLOTaco is a splendid one to behold

SLOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the pics.
Not that it would stop me from buying the URD TCAI either, but their website says its not CA legal. Just beware when you go to get it smog checked in a couple years.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOTaco View Post
Thanks for the pics.
Not that it would stop me from buying the URD TCAI either, but their website says its not CA legal. Just beware when you go to get it smog checked in a couple years.
thanks for the look out, i when testing time comes around ill probably just put the stock intake back on, wont take to long