1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

afr numbers, mine are bad!!!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by DieselBronco, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Apr 1, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    DieselBronco

DieselBronco [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma 3.4
    Trd Supercharger
    Okay so I have a 98 v6 taco, 2 gen. Charger and urd 6 bigger injector upgrade along with there big piggy back computer. Truck has never been tuned and it shows. I don't know what my afr should read but 5th gear cruise it bounces all over from 14.2-15.8. And when i down shift and punch it it bottoms out at 10. I'm assuming this is horrible. The truck always runs bad whenever it switches between open and closed loop mode. I'm going to probably have it professionally tuned this week . My only worry is something is wired in wrong into the factory harness. The guy who installed it was an idiot so I just hate to spend the money to have it tuned and they not be able to do it. Any advice!?

2. Apr 1, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    cruz afr will very a bit. Your WOT AFR seems a bit rich. You should be around 11 to 1

3. Apr 1, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    DieselBronco

DieselBronco [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma 3.4
    Trd Supercharger
    I would assume it its was less then 10. Cause it plummits to 10. And that's the lowest the gauge goes.

4. Apr 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Sounds like you are running way rich then. Get it up to about 11.

5. Apr 1, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    DieselBronco

DieselBronco [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma 3.4
    Trd Supercharger
    If I knew how Haha!!!! I don't have the program to tune otherwise I would love to . Even tho I would probably mess it up more then it already is. Haha!!

6. Apr 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Chris4x4 is correct. At idle and cruising in closed loop, it should be in the 14's. 14.7 is perfect at idle and cruising. Being near there is best.

As you get closer to zero on the boost gauge, which is atmosphere, you want it to be mid to low 12's. Which is where an N/A vehicle would be perfect at WOT.

In boost, and I am pretty sure that you are running low boost, 11's. 11.5 would be best for you.

Ten and lower is way to rich, and lower can start causing fuel wash. Where there is so much fuel that it washes the oil off of the cylinders. Not good nor safe.

7. Apr 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM
    DieselBronco

DieselBronco [OP] Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma 3.4
    Trd Supercharger
    Well I'm not sure what I should be for boost numbers but it hits 7 with a factory pully. Q

Products Discussed in

To Top