Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD TCAI on a 2012 Tacoma

Old 05-27-2012, 04:00 AM   #23
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Just finished her... pics and a thread of my own to come... will install the MAF Cal this weekend... enjoy

edit: removed vid for the time being
nut, glad you got everything taken care of. Sorry I wasn't around to help out, but brutha Wolfpack always got the straight scoop. Looking forward to the pics.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #25
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
nut, glad you got everything taken care of. Sorry I wasn't around to help out, but brutha Wolfpack always got the straight scoop. Looking forward to the pics.
yep! no worries man. yeah he helped me out. easy install, pretty much could have just opened the hood and thrown the box and everything fell into place haha... will post pics when i get back from so-cal (first week of june)
Old 07-07-2012, 05:53 AM   #26
troy28 is on a distinguished road
troy28's Tacoma Gallery
tag
Old 07-19-2012, 05:34 AM   #27
achojerr is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerid
achojerr's Tacoma Gallery
Anyway to cut the tube in order to keep my behind grill lights? Just wondering. I really like the kit but i can't lose my lights
Old 07-20-2012, 03:33 AM   #28
achojerr is on a distinguished road

Name: Jerid
achojerr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Get a measurement for us.....measure the distance from your passenger dtrl/blinker connection, (the part with the wires coming out) to the left outermost edge of your 1st light behind the grill on the passenger side.

I can measure the gap needed for the bend, mounting bracket and MAF sensor mount, and u can go from there.

U could always go cheap and buy a bullbar, or spend a lil more and get a lightbar......then u have pleny of room for the urd.

Do u have a satoshi, or a grillcraft grill insert?
I have a grill craft and the BAMF Light Bar. I will measure it as soon as I get home. Offshore working right now. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #29
E1ROCK11 is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
E1ROCK11's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the picks man, sick truck. Couldn't have done the install with out your tips!

Let the mods begin!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #30
Professional Grease Monkey
JustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustAddMud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Maintenance
Name: J
JustAddMud's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for future reference.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #31
jarhead0313 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 3rd LAR 0313
jarhead0313's Tacoma Gallery
OP thanks for the pics. I used them to clean up the install with the air pump. Turned out great! didn't even need urd's install instructions...yours were great! BTW I put it on my trd superchager...looks great...sounds great...and really opended things up for me.
Attached Thumbnails
URD TCAI on a 2012 Tacoma-20120908_033438.jpg   URD TCAI on a 2012 Tacoma-20120908_033450.jpg   URD TCAI on a 2012 Tacoma-20120908_033300.jpg   URD TCAI on a 2012 Tacoma-20120908_033503.jpg   URD TCAI on a 2012 Tacoma-20120908_034029.jpg  

Old 01-07-2013, 02:44 AM   #34
love4steel is on a distinguished road
love4steel's Tacoma Gallery
love to read more reports from those who've installed about perfomance improvement and especially concerning the MAF sensor calibrator. Is it worth all the trouble? how does the URD compair to other CAI's? is it TRUELY a cai system like they claim? Detailed pics of wiring it would really help if anyone has done it. Seriously considering this for next mod. For those of us with 2012's this seems like the only/best option for a CAI by far.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #35
Cobra
rubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant futurerubenc87 has a brilliant future

Army: 2nd Armored Div.
rubenc87's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rubenc87
I just installed mine Ina 2013 taco. Do a search and you will find that There is already a write up here. I used that for my install.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #36
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by love4steel View Post
love to read more reports from those who've installed about perfomance improvement and especially concerning the MAF sensor calibrator. Is it worth all the trouble? how does the URD compair to other CAI's? is it TRUELY a cai system like they claim? Detailed pics of wiring it would really help if anyone has done it. Seriously considering this for next mod. For those of us with 2012's this seems like the only/best option for a CAI by far.
Quote:
Is it worth all the trouble?
that is up to the driver honestly and ur driving/offroad habits

Quote:
especially concerning the MAF sensor calibrator
not really that hard if u can solder

Quote:
how does the URD compair to other CAI's?
comparing them for sound or gains? some are loud inside while the URD is just a middle of the road aggressive growl inside, yet screams outside the cab.

Quote:
is it TRUELY a cai system like they claim?
it draws air from just behind the grill unlike ANY other intake, so I would say "yes"

Quote:
Detailed pics of wiring it would really help if anyone has done it
wiring which 1?

the intake is simple.....strip/extend 1 wire at a time

calibrator.......if available for your application, its just a matter of checking 3-4 times before you strip any wires to SPLICE....and check another time before you do CUT the 1 or 2 wires required to hijack the signal.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:38 AM   #37
^thank you. what i meant by MAF is do i need it or not? is it necessary? if youve installed this system would you do it over again or just skip it?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:46 AM   #38
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
It isn't necessary, as in," the truck won't be able to run without it."

It is just an additional basic tuner that gives the owner the ability to optimize the tuning over stock. For increased power and efficiency.

Not near the capability of something like the UCON by URD or AEM Standalone from Dezod. But again, those are far overkill for just an intake.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #39
^ if i do just the intake, no maf, will the truck run better than stock?