Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

making exhaust quiet

Old 04-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Is your exhaust stock?
Stock is pretty quiet.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Is your exhaust stock?
Stock is pretty quiet.
yup it's stock. imo not enough, for me it sounds almost like my engine is struggling or something when I go up to my pad (where I'm at there are hills, but nothing that I need to swap gears for, I can do the simple drive gear and I'm good).
Old 04-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #4
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
That's a combination of motor and exhaust. I doubt there's anything more you can do to "muffle' the stock exhaust anymore than it already is.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacoRidah View Post
NICE, going to try that.
You thought I as kidding didn't you? I assure you... I know how to make a Tacoma exhaust sound like just about anything lol. I have an 18" resonator under my rig right now and I am still damn loud haha
Old 04-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
You thought I as kidding didn't you? I assure you... I know how to make a Tacoma exhaust sound like just about anything lol. I have an 18" resonator under my rig right now and I am still damn loud haha
lol no. my first thought was to get one of those weird things you put into the muffler end, but this makes more sense. Do you know if the pipe sizes are the same with the TRD's and base models? I know it's not 3" in diameter (I'm guessing 2.25" ??). Going to also shorten the end pipe to be at the axle (not liking how it poles out from the bottom).
Old 04-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #10
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I know that my stock piping is 2.25" inside diameter. I would think that the 2.7L would probably be the same. Since you'll likely be down there cutting away at shit, reroute however you want!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Well, I know that my stock piping is 2.25" inside diameter. I would think that the 2.7L would probably be the same. Since you'll likely be down there cutting away at shit, reroute however you want!
SWEET, hopefully it's the same. I might have the end pipe come out the pass fender wheel well. My main goal is to get it as quiet as possible.