LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Short shifter

Old 04-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
Short shifter

ok.. pathetic question, but will someone please tell me why a short shifter is so much better?
are there any disadvantages?
how much do they cost?
i have a 2nd gen v6 4x4 6-speed manual...
Old 04-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Zombie Response Team
ROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedROCKSLINGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
ROCKSLINGER's Tacoma Gallery
I can tell you with mine its a love hate relationship. I have the URD Short Shifter and Paid around $120 I think. I love that I can shift between gears quicker but its hard to get into first and even harder to get in reverse. So unless your racing at every stop light I don't know if its worth it. JMO
Old 04-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05ROCKSLINGER View Post
I can tell you with mine its a love hate relationship. I have the URD Short Shifter and Paid around $120 I think. I love that I can shift between gears quicker but its hard to get into first and even harder to get in reverse. So unless your racing at every stop light I don't know if its worth it. JMO
alright ya i dont need the extra tenth of fifth of a second in my races around town. mostly because i dont race! sounds like i can put that 120 to something else...
Thanks guys!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
The sherbet is fermenting........
Sgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud of

Navy: test marketing positive thinking
Name: Matt
Sgian's Tacoma Gallery
I have the URD short throw with the Coupe's shifter. Such a huge improvement over stock. At first I experienced difficulty getting it into reverse, but as the parts wear in it becomes much easier. I really like my setup now but then again, I also have a supercharger, and might be guilty of racing between lights. Really didn't get it to be faster, just to correct the slop that I felt when shifting.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Titto
holyfield19's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgian View Post
I have the URD short throw with the Coupe's shifter. Such a huge improvement over stock. At first I experienced difficulty getting it into reverse, but as the parts wear in it becomes much easier. I really like my setup now but then again, I also have a supercharger, and might be guilty of racing between lights. Really didn't get it to be faster, just to correct the slop that I felt when shifting.
What is this "Coupe's" Shifter you speak of?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #7
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Titto
holyfield19's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, found the write up for Coupe's shifters on XR Underground. Seriously thinking about trying that. Here's the link for anyone else who wants to see: http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=31063.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
SPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant futureSPENCAF has a brilliant future

Air Force: HQ AMC Port Dawg
Name: Jason
SPENCAF's Tacoma Gallery
I love my TRD, it was a little stiff getting into reverse but it just takes some getting use to. However I have no idea what the stock shifter feels like.