Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Magnaflow fit question?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Magnaflow fit question?

So i was looking through the LCengineering website and found a pretty good deal on a catback system that dumps before the axle. Only problem is it is listed as being made for a 4.0l ext/cab and D/cab and i have a 2.7l reg cab. I am almost positive that the diameter and length of the tubing between the two trucks is the same for the catback system. only difference being that tubing is longer after the muffler to exit the bedside but that wont matter cause it dumps before the axle.

so my question for anyone with experience on the topic is: Will this sucker fit my truck?

here is the product: http://www.lceperformance.com/Magnaf...-p/1042048.htm

thanks for the help.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:26 AM   #2
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I got with LC engineering and they told me the above mentioned system wouldnt work and then gave me a link to a catback system for a 3.4l 95-04 model telling me that it WOULD work with my vehicle. I'm not sure but i think they may have no idea what theyre talking about.

Anyone got any ideas?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
I am not sure about fitment, but as an owner of that system get ready for your truck to sound VERY LOUD on acceleration. I am not completely thrilled with Magnaflow and there is a good chance this is getting removed soon. Just a heads up for you...
Old 04-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #4

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaoccifer View Post
I am not sure about fitment, but as an owner of that system get ready for your truck to sound VERY LOUD on acceleration. I am not completely thrilled with Magnaflow and there is a good chance this is getting removed soon. Just a heads up for you...
Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
OP why don't you just go to a muffler shop and have them weld you a muffler of your choice... You can also have them route the tubing the way you want it routed... I don't quite understand why some people spend at least a couple hundred extra dollars for a fancy cat-back system when they can get the same exact performance at a local muffler shop.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
OP why don't you just go to a muffler shop and have them weld you a muffler of your choice... You can also have them route the tubing the way you want it routed... I don't quite understand why some people spend at least a couple hundred extra dollars for a fancy cat-back system when they can get the same exact performance at a local muffler shop.
For me it was the "bolt on" aspect of the system and I didn't have to have anyone screwing around with my rig... I am VERY picky on who touches what
Old 04-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
LOL @ LCE not knowing what they're talking about. Kinda like saying Donald Trump wouldn't know a good real estate investment if it bit him on the ass. Unless you were talking to the receptionist.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:38 AM   #8

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Well i am stationed in South Korea and my truck is in storage in LA. And i will be stationed on a small portugese island after i leave here, then Italy after that. so the local muffler shop thing does not exactly work for me. but i agree with what youre saying, i just dont have that option open to me right now, or for the next 5 years.

Secondly i didnt ask for someone to tell me how to spend my money. i was asking if anyone knew if the system would fit my truck. thanks though