Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Horrible noise coming from underneath

Old 04-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
thruhiker is on a distinguished road
thruhiker's Tacoma Gallery
Horrible noise coming from underneath

I have a horrible grinding/scraping noise that pulsates coming from where seems to be my front end.

Any idea what it could be? Its bad. like, "scrape...scrape.. scrape..." Only hear it when I am at slow speeds, but that could be due to lack of road noise at low speed.

I have thought of changing out all the drive train fluids, tranny, transfer case and both differentials to see if it would help due to something being dry.

Any other suggestions as to what it might be?

thanks!!!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
How are your brake pads?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
I would jack up the front end & spin the tires by hand to see if the noise happens .....could just be a brake pad issue.