Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD Supercharger on eBay

Old 04-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Supercharger on eBay

Just landed a brand new TRD supercharger for $3075 shipped from eBay. Just gotta get a fit kit and I'll be installing this bad boy! This was over $300 better than the best price I've found online so far, which was at USAToyotaParts.com. Sorry, really no point to my thread except that I'm stoked to be joining the ranks of the supercharged folks!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
Are you installing it yourself or paying the dealer? Another thing too if you haven't ordered it yet is to make sure a local dealer can/knows how to install it and will let you bring your own parts to them.

I ended up doing my install myself but when I was calling around for install prices, some dealers told me they wouldn't install parts that didn't come from them. That's a bullshit rule but dealers can be weird about things.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyJ33 View Post
I'm going to have the dealership do it. They had no problem with me buying it elsewhere, and quoted me $750-$800 for the install and reflash. Picking up the S/C for such a good price really helps offset the installation cost too.
You have quite the good dealership...
Old 04-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have any idea if TRD has put out the software to allow tacomas that got the gas pedal recall done to be supercharged.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
bskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shedbskin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bskin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyJ33 View Post
I thought the gas pedal recall was just trimming a half inch off the accelerator? Did the do a computer fix as well?
Yeah I think they do a reflash when they trim the pedal and the last I heard those trucks can't be supercharged. Congrats on the supercharger, should be fun.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskin View Post
Yeah I think they do a reflash when they trim the pedal and the last I heard those trucks can't be supercharged. Congrats on the supercharger, should be fun.
Yeah, I didn't have the recall performed so I should be safe either way. Thanks, I'm looking forward to it!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
spithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspithead051 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
spithead051's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent. The recall flash will prevent a S/C install but if the dealer follows the directions they know to test the ECU for compatibility before actually installing the kit. Welcome to the club!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
op a big congrats that is awesome,hopefully a couple of yrs dwn the rd I can get a good dealas well,enjoy
Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
Geaux Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by brny67 View Post
op a big congrats that is awesome,hopefully a couple of yrs dwn the rd I can get a good dealas well,enjoy
Just keep an eye on eBay...I would just search for "TRD supercharger tacoma" like once a week or so...most of the time it's only Buy It Now stuff that's over $4,000, but every once in a while you'll get lucky