Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

URD 2.825" Pulley for TRD S/C

Old 04-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #21
grant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
grant99's Tacoma Gallery
Torspd. . whats your impression on the walbro 400? Can't seem to find any info on it fitting in a taco, pics look bigger, but haven't pulled my pump to see if there's room
Old 05-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #23
CadCamMan is on a distinguished road

CadCamMan's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of change in mileage are you guys seeing with the 2.825?
Old 05-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #25
Tahcoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Tahcoma's Tacoma Gallery
B.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:02 AM   #26
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
WHen I installed the 2.85" pulley I noticed a huge differance when I used the heavy pedal. It really woke the S/C up. In my opinion its what the thing should have been like from Toyota. Highly recomended.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #27
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the new pulley and WOW, what a difference! Acceleration is awesome, more of what I expected with the supercharger. It's definitely a 2-man job though. I had my dad help me, and there's no way I'd have gotten the old pulley off by myself!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #28
Uplander is on a distinguished road
Uplander's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious if the supercharger with the URD pulley still kicks in at around 2,000 rpm's? Also, does it make more noise? I just orderd the URD pulley with the URD Wallbro 255 pump kit. Are you monitoring your boost at all? I plan on using a ScangaugeII to measure my MAP PSI.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #29
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
I'm curious if the supercharger with the URD pulley still kicks in at around 2,000 rpm's? Also, does it make more noise? I just orderd the URD pulley with the URD Wallbro 255 pump kit. Are you monitoring your boost at all? I plan on using a ScangaugeII to measure my MAP PSI.
Still kicks in right around 1800-2000 rpms, and not any louder. Definitely more power when you get down on it. I've got a boost gauge that I haven't installed yet, that's my next project for this week.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #30
CadCamMan is on a distinguished road

CadCamMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
..... I plan on using a ScangaugeII to measure my MAP PSI.
My Scangauge II doesn't read BST or MAP PSI on my Tacoma. According to Linear Logic, only about 50% of the vehicles out there will report manifold pressure, so apparently our trucks don't.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #31
Wizard Sleeve Master
Amo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Amo-cat3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadCamMan View Post
My Scangauge II doesn't read BST or MAP PSI on my Tacoma. According to Linear Logic, on about 50% of the vehicles out there will report manifold pressure, so apparently our trucks don't.
I can vouch that we get no MAP reading from scangauge II for our tacomas. We can still get AFR, Long and short term fuel trims (important), Trans temp, many more which are helpfull. I have an AEM boost gauge, but only reads boost and does not move at all unless going into boost (actually a boring gauge to have). I recommend getting a boost/vacuum guage which will be more helpfull.

I'm about ready to get the 2.85 pulley, but first i need to install my extension harness in my longtubes to relocate my A/F sensors to my collectors.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #32
Uplander is on a distinguished road
Uplander's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm... that is disappointing. Monitoring MAP PSI was one of the primary reasons I ordered the Scangauge. Thanks for the info everyone!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #33
Twistinemup307 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
Twistinemup307's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Let's go back a little bit. To the original question. ~8 psi on the reflash? Simple. Only thing necessary is a fuel pump upgrade. Two things usually have happened when people start to boost. One, their factory fuel pump hasn't been under the regular service interval. At 30k. Why would it have been in the first place though? Most are running fine still at that point. So, the factory fuel filter is fairly clogged. Would not even be noticeable until the pump is required to push more fuel for boost.
Two, the factory fuel pump is barely rated for 6 psi, at WOT, higher rpm range. Couple that with a clogged filter, and 6 psi of boost could cause detonation to blow the rings or head gasket.
Solution, upgrade the pump to, at minimum, a Walbro 255. I recommend the HP unit, for those that are trying to push past 10 psi, with rising fuel pressure. www.urdusa.com has a nice kit with instructions. Their 255 lph is the non HP version. It likes static fuel pressure. 12 psi increase of fuel pressure on that pump will cause fuel flow fluctuations. Either pump, at static 43.5 psi is capable of around 700 whp. Add the inline fuel filter that is easily changed within minutes vs the factory one which needs the tank to be dropped, as well as the whole unit to be replaced for $450+ , and you see that it is a no brainer.

www.Dezod.com sells them for the Tacomas as well.

Now that you have fueling coverd for boost, 14 psi boost at static pressure, then it comes down to the injectors flow capability. The 425ccm injectors that come with the TRD s/c kit, are rated to effective 400 crank HP, at 43.5 psi. Well my friend didn't have the money to purchase an aftermarket EMS. He said that at 8 psi boost, he was having certain AFR fluctuations. He is also a Toyota mechanic in training. I told him to run a vacuum line from the point on the s/c where the boost gauge hose ties in, to the factory fuel pressure regulator. Oddly enough it isn't used in by the way the factory setup the hose to it.

From that nipple on the s/c, his FPR now sees vacuum and boost. So for each psi of boost increase, his fuel pressure also increases as well, to make the 425cc injectors able to flow more. His AFRs are now smoother than they were before, and he was even now running rich at 8 psi. Being that he likes to push the envelope, he decided to add the www.nonstoptuning.com lower s/c pulley. The added boost raised his AFR to be mid to low 11's. Perfect.

The point of all of that is this alone. He abuses the crap out of his truck, since he drift races it. Always at the high end of the rpm range. Plus it is his DD. It is a stock block. He also has a T-stat mod that I did for him, to keep his engine nice and cool, to aid in knock prevention. It works very well, i must say. He has been going strong since February at 10 psi on his stock block, on the reflash.

Aside from him, there are tons of people running 10 psi, and have been for a long time with the addition of some aftermarket EMS. All on stock components.

Two things will tear apart a stock block. Knock, and raised rpm over stock for a length of a few years.

I hope that helps.
Got a few questions for yah brother, would you recommend me doing a T off my boost gauge and put a vac hose to my fpr? What are the advantages of it and should I do it even before a pulley & pump? Any photos of how to do it?
Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #35
Twistinemup307 is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
Twistinemup307's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect! Thanks again like always man haha
Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 AM   #37
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone been able purchase one of these 2.825 toyota oem styled pullies with the part number stamped on it recently? I'm trying to locate one that does not require machining of the sc snout in order to fit. I had called apr and Urd a while back and they told me there were no plans for another run of these...
Old 12-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #40
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Commanderwiggin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
I keep waiting for a sale.
Were you sleeping on black friday lol