LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2.7L Performance

Old 04-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
Kapahi121 is a jewel in the roughKapahi121 is a jewel in the roughKapahi121 is a jewel in the rough

Kapahi121's Tacoma Gallery
2.7L Performance

What's some good upgrades for my 2010 Tacoma reg cab 4x4 5 speed manual
Old 04-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger
Old 04-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Doom Elk is a splendid one to beholdDoom Elk is a splendid one to beholdDoom Elk is a splendid one to beholdDoom Elk is a splendid one to beholdDoom Elk is a splendid one to beholdDoom Elk is a splendid one to beholdDoom Elk is a splendid one to behold
Name: Clinton
Doom Elk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
A V8.
Fawk that

Go v12
Old 04-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Supercharger
X2.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Doom Elk is a splendid one to beholdDoom Elk is a splendid one to beholdDoom Elk is a splendid one to beholdDoom Elk is a splendid one to beholdDoom Elk is a splendid one to beholdDoom Elk is a splendid one to beholdDoom Elk is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapahi121 View Post
What's some good upgrades for my 2010 Tacoma reg cab 4x4 5 speed manual
And in all seriousness, it depends on what you wanna do with it.

Are you gonna make it into a mall crawler, or are you actually gonna use the truck
Do you need the bed? Go full LT
Etc.

Depends on what you plan on using the truck for, and how much $$ you want to put into it. And if you cherish your gas mileage at all.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
Kapahi121 is a jewel in the roughKapahi121 is a jewel in the roughKapahi121 is a jewel in the rough

Kapahi121's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Elk View Post
And in all seriousness, it depends on what you wanna do with it.

Are you gonna make it into a mall crawler, or are you actually gonna use the truck
Do you need the bed? Go full LT
Etc.

Depends on what you plan on using the truck for, and how much $$ you want to put into it. And if you cherish your gas mileage at all.
Well I hunt and ride dirtbike alot so ya I need the bed and I would like to get good gas mileage since here on Kaua'i our gas is like $5 for regular. But I wouldn't really need top end power probably better torque and stuff like that
Old 04-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
There is noting you can do. Your truck already has cold air indunction, already has as close as you can get to headers, chips are junk, you got what you got.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #9
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing I've ever gotten any gains from was my LCE Headers. Get a set and accept the fact you got a 4 banger
Old 04-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
Then you're looking at forced induction or a full NA build. Perhaps some bolt ons like headers, exhaust, and the like.

Don't get a chip, you'll just waste your money. Its a 4banger truck. Its not gonna be a powerhouse. Realistically, you'll be doing the speed limit just like everyone else, just some people can get to the speed limit faster.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #13
You can say "just be a __ cylinder" to anything really. Like you said, it depends on how deep OP's pockets are.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
Don't forget having to upgrade the injectors, as well as the engine mounts. Tranny would need to be beefed up, as well as the clutch/flywheel, etc. And once you start pushing power, your diffs are gonna start shearing, as well as your axles.