Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Regearing the beast

Old 04-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
MTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to beholdMTNmann is a splendid one to behold
Army: 10th MTN DIV
Name: Matt
MTNmann's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MTNmann
Regearing the beast

Hey guys, I know there are a few threads discussing the regearing process, but I just need some straight forward answers specific to my situation. I have a 2011 DBL cab Offroad with 325/65R18s and have noticed a serious loss in power and MPGs. I am hoping to regear to get back to the stock power and MPGs. Does anyone know what I should regear to? Has anyone done this with a similar setup? I want to say that my current gear ratio is 4:56 but I could be wrong...Please help!!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
That's a lot of rotational mass. You could try 4.88 but i doubt you would get much difference.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
Your stock gears are 3.73, I would go with 4.56 if you see alot of highway, 4.88 if your more offroad oriented.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNmann View Post
I am hoping to regear to get back to the stock power and MPGs.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNmann View Post
Hey guys, I know there are a few threads discussing the regearing process, but I just need some straight forward answers specific to my situation. I have a 2011 DBL cab Offroad with 325/65R18s and have noticed a serious loss in power and MPGs. I am hoping to regear to get back to the stock power and MPGs. Does anyone know what I should regear to? Has anyone done this with a similar setup? I want to say that my current gear ratio is 4:56 but I could be wrong...Please help!!
Way do you think you have 4.56?
Old 04-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
you have 3.73 stock, you are going to get power back but you wont get much fuel economy back