Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD S/C help! Knwoledge needed

Old 04-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
Skyv118 is on a distinguished road
Name: Luis
Skyv118's Tacoma Gallery
TRD S/C help! Knwoledge needed

So I'm thinking bout buying a Used TRD supercharger and installing it myself. I have never done one before but a little mechanically inclined. Im buying a fit kit from my local dealership to fit my 2010 sr5. What do I need to do before installation and after regarding the dealership read something bout getting the OE calibration before installation and what after installation? Any guidance will help. Are there any links on how to install this bad boy?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyv118 View Post
So I'm thinking bout buying a Used TRD supercharger and installing it myself. I have never done one before but a little mechanically inclined. Im buying a fit kit from my local dealership to fit my 2010 sr5. What do I need to do before installation and after regarding the dealership read something bout getting the OE calibration before installation and what after installation? Any guidance will help. Are there any links on how to install this bad boy?
This scares me... It's not like bolting in a cold air intake... Dealer needs to flash your ecu before you turn the thing on... Good luck to ya
Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
If you are good with tools you can do it. Nothing extra is needed. Yes you will need a reflash from the dealer.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
grant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrant99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
grant99's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a big impact gun? If not I would consider getting a local mechanic to break the crank pulley bolt loose ($20 should get it done). I will be a buggar!! Other than that I did mine on the weekend, and made the appointment at the stealership for the reflash on the monday after. I drove there (don't boost it) they did the flash and everything was golden after that. There is an great install thread on here that does very well to accompany the install instructions what come with the SC
Old 04-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Skyv118 is on a distinguished road
Name: Luis
Skyv118's Tacoma Gallery
Well there is every tool you could possibly tink of at my job, also a shop I can do it at on the weekend. THANKS everybody for the info
Old 04-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
This scares me... It's not like bolting in a cold air intake... Dealer needs to flash your ecu before you turn the thing on... Good luck to ya
No, you can run the truck with the charger on it and no reflash... You're just likely in trouble if you get into too much boost. You could just putz along to get to the dealer.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #8
Ga tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedGa tacoguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rudy
Ga tacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a supercharger install with pictures and information. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...tallation.html

It should tell you all you want to know about the job. Good luck.