LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust+CAI=Results? I've got an opinion.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #21
aidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shedaidenhardcore is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: miguel
aidenhardcore's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Good luck witht the parts and install tmw. I know alot of guys on here hate the cai. They say it does nothing and you lose power but I have to disagree. I have had the intake and exhaust on my 98 ram 5.2l, grand cherokee 4.0, 07 Ram hemi 5.7l and just the dual exhaust on my 2010 tacoma and i deff can say that it does improve power. I can feel it in the throttle repsonse and overall power though the engine. It has more pep and off the line it does go faster. Am I saying that this combo is gonna give you 20 or more hp and wake up your engine? No There is no way but it does give your engine a small boost and deff sounds alot better then stock. I would deff buy these two things on my truck or car. I didnt notice any better mpg. it stayed about the same. I dont need some dyno telling me what power it gave me or anything.I have riden it and had it on all my autos so I know this stuff. Just my 2 cents. Good luck op. Your gonna like it
Old 04-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #22
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
To tell the truth, it really is all about butt dyno. We can throw around all the questions/answers in the world, but it really all comes down to what you feel when you drive it. I put premium in and put a K&N filter in and I feel like my truck has a bit more pep. Soooooo everyone can say it sucks it sucks it sucks, you're wasting money...well...its our money to waste, and if it sounds cool and you like it...then go with it
Old 04-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #23
Nate71
nate71 is on a distinguished road

nate71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
The desire to conclude you didn't waste your money is strong. Extra noises fools many.
I'm gonna let everybody know whether or not it just sounds cool or gave me any kind of acceleration. I'm not trying to hide anything here.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #24
Nate71

nate71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
To tell the truth, it really is all about butt dyno. We can throw around all the questions/answers in the world, but it really all comes down to what you feel when you drive it. I put premium in and put a K&N filter in and I feel like my truck has a bit more pep. Soooooo everyone can say it sucks it sucks it sucks, you're wasting money...well...its our money to waste, and if it sounds cool and you like it...then go with it
That is exactly how I was gonna relate my message to people. It was just gonna be a WAS IT WORTH IT TO ME kinda thing. I just wanted a new sound and something to make the Taco more fun to drive.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #25
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate71 View Post
I haven't said anything yet because the parts aren't on yet. I am aware that flow masters have been "proven" to do that. By running the flow master exhaust all the way out is how you lose the performance. Dumping it maintains the performance side of things. *Or so says the mechanic doing the installation for me* I trust him although its possible for him to be wrong.

And again *most of the time* I'm not sure how you get most of the time results. Either it works or it doesn't and thats what I am here to let people know. If I wasted my money then I fully plan on honestly admitting to it.
The muffler design uses baffles that cause a restriction. There is your power loss. Don't forget the shitty sound they produce.

If you are expecting anything other than noise then I can tell you already that you wasted your money.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #26
Nate71

nate71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
Good luck witht the parts and install tmw. I know alot of guys on here hate the cai. They say it does nothing and you lose power but I have to disagree. I have had the intake and exhaust on my 98 ram 5.2l, grand cherokee 4.0, 07 Ram hemi 5.7l and just the dual exhaust on my 2010 tacoma and i deff can say that it does improve power. I can feel it in the throttle repsonse and overall power though the engine. It has more pep and off the line it does go faster. Am I saying that this combo is gonna give you 20 or more hp and wake up your engine? No There is no way but it does give your engine a small boost and deff sounds alot better then stock. I would deff buy these two things on my truck or car. I didnt notice any better mpg. it stayed about the same. I dont need some dyno telling me what power it gave me or anything.I have riden it and had it on all my autos so I know this stuff. Just my 2 cents. Good luck op. Your gonna like it
Thank you so much for positive words! I really appreciate the members like you on here!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #27
Nate71

nate71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The muffler design uses baffles that cause a restriction. There is your power loss. Don't forget the shitty sound they produce.
Ok. Well nevertheless I'm gonna let people know how I feel about the new mods tomorrow. Thats all this was for anyways it wasn't meant for me to get on here and argue or defend myself.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #28
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I will tell you this. I have done almost every N/A mod you can do to one of these trucks and I will tell you this. You will definitely lose some low end power, but you will feel like you gain some up top, whether you actually do or not. That was my experience with just about all of my stuff. That being said, my truck sounds beast and I love it. I would do these mods all over again, but not in search of power. Boost or nothing
Old 04-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #29
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
Do you have proof of your gains?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #30
Dhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Dhawk1313's Tacoma Gallery
Lol whipper is mad.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #31
Nate71

nate71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you have proof of your gains?
That isn't the point of this post. If you want proven performance or whatever it is that you are looking for, Google is a well known search engine that is accessible to the public.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #32
Nate71

nate71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I will tell you this. I have done almost every N/A mod you can do to one of these trucks and I will tell you this. You will definitely lose some low end power, but you will feel like you gain some up top, whether you actually do or not. That was my experience with just about all of my stuff. That being said, my truck sounds beast and I love it. I would do these mods all over again, but not in search of power. Boost or nothing
Just a new sound would be nice! Thats a good looking truck btw!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #33
Banned
Quote:
That isn't the point of this post. If you want proven performance or whatever it is that you are looking for, Google is a well known search engine that is accessible to the public.
Actually half the crap on the internet is pure derp. Just look at the very first post in this thread.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #34
Dhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDhawk1313 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Most people on here understand what you're saying. Whipper on the other hand just likes to pick fights because every forum needs a nerd who likes to feel like the man every post he makes. Don't mind him
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #35
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhawk1313 View Post
Most people on here understand what you're saying. Whipper on the other hand just likes to pick fights because every forum needs a nerd who likes to feel the like man every post he makes. Don't mind him
And you are who exactly?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #36
Nate71

nate71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Actually half the crap on the internet is pure derp. Just look at the very first post in this thread.
Ok well if you want to argue for no reason feel free to do so. If you want real test proven results you can drive to your nearest dyno and get them. Like I said I'm gonna give my opinion either way.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #37
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just a new sound would be nice! Thats a good looking truck btw!
Thanks man. And I am not going to preach to you now since you have already committed to the parts, but I really would advise against the combo you have chosen. I know that a lot of people go with it because they are by far the most mainstream Intake/Exhaust companies, but they are not the best for vehicles nor are they the cheapest.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #38
Nate71

nate71's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And you are who exactly?
It says his name is Dhawk1313...
Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #39

Quote:
And you are who exactly?
Nice one dood! You're so respected and known!!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #40
Banned
Quote:
Ok well if you want to argue for no reason feel free to do so. If you want real test proven results you can drive to your nearest dyno and get them. Like I said I'm gonna give my opinion either way.
Well good for you and your opinion. Just telling you like it is. Don't like it? Too bad.