Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

? "Tuning Module" or not.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
montroze28if is on a distinguished road
montroze28if's Tacoma Gallery
? "Tuning Module" or not.

Ok, I bought "Tuning Module" by Power Pro Tuning, for my 08, 4x4 4.0L
they claim more hp. when installed. It works by sending a modified signal through the factory "IAT" sensor. (Intake Air Temp) which is directly interfaced with the "ECM" ( Engine Control Module) and controls the fuel timing, fuel injection pulse duration. The signal outputted by the "Tuning Module" alters the signals sent to the computer and the reprograms itself for a more efficient tune. It sounds good I think, not sure. I'm getting a 3" lift package by Pro Comp. with new 17" rims and 33" tires and figure I might need a little more hp. If this is not the way to go, then I will get my money back.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
ToyotaTRD will become famous soon enoughToyotaTRD will become famous soon enough
ToyotaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed
Old 04-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by montroze28if View Post
Ok, I bought "Tuning Module" by Power Pro Tuning, for my 08, 4x4 4.0L
they claim more hp. when installed. It works by sending a modified signal through the factory "IAT" sensor. (Intake Air Temp) which is directly interfaced with the "ECM" ( Engine Control Module) and controls the fuel timing, fuel injection pulse duration. The signal outputted by the "Tuning Module" alters the signals sent to the computer and the reprograms itself for a more efficient tune. It sounds good I think, not sure. I'm getting a 3" lift package by Pro Comp. with new 17" rims and 33" tires and figure I might need a little more hp. If this is not the way to go, then I will get my money back.
Regear to get power back from bigger tires.