Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust help

Old 04-30-2012, 04:31 AM   #1
Taco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Taco Guy11's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust help

So I have done a good bit of searching but couldnt find exactly what I'm looking for. I want to get an exhaust most likely single side exhaust. I want it to have a nice deep tone but I don't want it to be loud of have to much interior noise. Something that is quiet but has a nice growl. Does anyone have something like this? I know flow masters are loud and normally resonate in the cab a good bit just asking for opinions and options thanks for any help btw I have youtubed several video clips but it's hard to get a good idea from the poor clips thanks
Old 04-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Guy11 View Post
So I have done a good bit of searching but couldnt find exactly what I'm looking for. I want to get an exhaust most likely single side exhaust. I want it to have a nice deep tone but I don't want it to be loud of have to much interior noise. Something that is quiet but has a nice growl. Does anyone have something like this? I know flow masters are loud and normally resonate in the cab a good bit just asking for opinions and options thanks for any help btw I have youtubed several video clips but it's hard to get a good idea from the poor clips thanks
ur contradicting urself with "quiet but has a growl". magna flow and trd both sound great
Old 04-30-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
Tacoma Addict
Nubes has a spectacular aura aboutNubes has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Nubes's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on magnaflow, im running the 18" length body and its pretty quiet when cruising on the highway but around town it sounds nice, and when you have fun with the skinny pedal it will come to life and sound more sporty than anything at times.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #4
Taco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not technically quiet just don't want a whole lot of annoying in cab noise from it. Kinda like something you really don't notice while cruising around but when u mash it you kno it's there
Old 05-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Trd. My magnaflow is loud.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:56 AM   #7

I was thinking trd but that things not cheap. I was also thinkin of getting an afe stage 2 with the dry filter. I kno I'm not gonna get anymore power but the cai sounds cool
Old 05-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #8
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Guy11 View Post
I was thinking trd but that things not cheap. I was also thinkin of getting an afe stage 2 with the dry filter. I kno I'm not gonna get anymore power but the cai sounds cool
Just keep in mind, that you don't want to try to go to cheap with your exhaust choice because it can end up not lasting. What I mean is, rusting.

The only thing i don't like about the TRD exhaust, from a performance perspective, is that it has tubing diameter reductions. Right before the muffler.

Being that you are paying top dollar for an exhaust, it should be all the same diameter as well as mandrel bent. The other brands on the market are like that, bit due to keeping shipping costs down, they segment them. Then you piece them together.

Whatever your choice is, make sure it is 304 stainless steel. That way you will know that it will last the lifetime of the vehicle.

Also, about the intake. My girl's XRunner made 225 whp and 260 something wtq, with an intake, and NonStopTuning pulleys. TRD, so basically the same as the AFe stage 2.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:47 AM   #9

I heard magnaflow has bad drone and I'm not a flow master fan does anyone know how loud and what kinda tone Gibson and mbrp have hard to tell on crappy YouTube vids thanks