1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust help

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Taco Guy11, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Apr 30, 2012 at 4:31 AM
    Taco Guy11

Taco Guy11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
    So I have done a good bit of searching but couldnt find exactly what I'm looking for. I want to get an exhaust most likely single side exhaust. I want it to have a nice deep tone but I don't want it to be loud of have to much interior noise. Something that is quiet but has a nice growl. Does anyone have something like this? I know flow masters are loud and normally resonate in the cab a good bit just asking for opinions and options thanks for any help btw I have youtubed several video clips but it's hard to get a good idea from the poor clips thanks

2. Apr 30, 2012 at 6:18 AM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    ur contradicting urself with "quiet but has a growl". magna flow and trd both sound great

3. Apr 30, 2012 at 6:25 AM
    Nubes

Nubes Toyota Addict

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2023 Red T4R ORP
    +1 on magnaflow, im running the 18" length body and its pretty quiet when cruising on the highway but around town it sounds nice, and when you have fun with the skinny pedal it will come to life and sound more sporty than anything at times.

4. Apr 30, 2012 at 7:44 AM
    Taco Guy11

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
    Not technically quiet just don't want a whole lot of annoying in cab noise from it. Kinda like something you really don't notice while cruising around but when u mash it you kno it's there

5. May 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    I say the JBA. Fits that description nicely. On my girl's Xrunner. We ended up having all of the segments welded together a little later after install.

6. May 1, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    Trifenix

Trifenix Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    99 LT 5 lug Taco
    Trd. My magnaflow is loud.

7. May 2, 2012 at 4:56 AM
    Taco Guy11

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
    I was thinking trd but that things not cheap. I was also thinkin of getting an afe stage 2 with the dry filter. I kno I'm not gonna get anymore power but the cai sounds cool

8. May 2, 2012 at 7:46 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Just keep in mind, that you don't want to try to go to cheap with your exhaust choice because it can end up not lasting. What I mean is, rusting.

The only thing i don't like about the TRD exhaust, from a performance perspective, is that it has tubing diameter reductions. Right before the muffler.

Being that you are paying top dollar for an exhaust, it should be all the same diameter as well as mandrel bent. The other brands on the market are like that, bit due to keeping shipping costs down, they segment them. Then you piece them together.

Whatever your choice is, make sure it is 304 stainless steel. That way you will know that it will last the lifetime of the vehicle.

Also, about the intake. My girl's XRunner made 225 whp and 260 something wtq, with an intake, and NonStopTuning pulleys. TRD, so basically the same as the AFe stage 2. :thumbsup:

9. May 3, 2012 at 4:47 AM
    Taco Guy11

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Western Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD off-road
    I heard magnaflow has bad drone and I'm not a flow master fan does anyone know how loud and what kinda tone Gibson and mbrp have hard to tell on crappy YouTube vids thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top