Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Will this system fit a dcsb? (borla)

Old 05-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Toddjt has a spectacular aura aboutToddjt has a spectacular aura aboutToddjt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Todd
Toddjt's Tacoma Gallery
Will this system fit a dcsb? (borla)

I just found an exhaust kit that I want for a great price. It was previously on a 2nd gen dclb, and I have a dcsb. Wondering if I can cut it and make it fit somehow, cause if it will fit in there any way, I'm definitely buying it.

Part number 140140 - if anyone has experience converting this kit please chime in. I don't want to mangle it but I'm not worried about reselling it either. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
Toddjt has a spectacular aura aboutToddjt has a spectacular aura aboutToddjt has a spectacular aura about

Toddjt's Tacoma Gallery
Will this system fit a dcsb? (borla)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336169577.981468.jpg

Here is a pic of the exhaust kit
Old 05-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Yes

All you need to do is cut the pipe that connect Y-pipe to muffler. Adjust the lenght and you are good to go.

Enjoy the new sound
Old 05-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
All you need to do is cut the pipe that connect Y-pipe to muffler. Adjust the lenght and you are good to go.

Enjoy the new sound
X2.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #5

Toddjt's Tacoma Gallery
I talked to a borla representative yesterday. The guy I talked to said it isnt designed to fit, but that it will fit if I can make it fit. Not sure what that means lol I guess they aren't allowed to tell you you can cut and modify their systems.

Nevertheless, I am going to pick this one up and see what I can do with it.

Does anyone know a fair price that I should expect for the installation including the cutting? I don't have the tools to cut it and install it.

Edit: also, will an aero turbine muffler be compatible with this exhaust kit? Or would that not be a good idea to mix them up
Old 05-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You can use a chain style pipe cutter. Maybe just find a neighbor or shop with a chop saw.

The exhaust is the same except for the pipe length since the long bed has a longer wheel base.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #7

Toddjt's Tacoma Gallery
Ok. I am going to pick this kit up most likely today. Would the aero turbine muffler be something I should consider, or will it not fit?