Exhaust 486 62.39%
Cold Air Intake 293 37.61%
Voters: 779. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #22
2004Taco will become famous soon enough

2004Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 2004Taco Send a message via Yahoo to 2004Taco
Do the deckplate MOD!!! its the best bang for your buck. I did it and its awesome, i also bought a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #23
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004Taco View Post
Do the deckplate MOD!!! its the best bang for your buck. I did it and its awesome, i also bought a K&N drop in air filter.
only works on first gens...............his is a 2nd gen.

for the first gen. guys(and gals) though...............deckplate mod is definitely a great mod.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #24
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post

for the first gen. guys(and gals) though...............deckplate mod is definitely a great mod.
the BEST
Old 12-23-2008, 09:28 PM   #25
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Wait one:

You can do them together. Unless you are looking for stainless steel cat back system; which is the most beneficial gain for upgrading exhaust, factoring out sound

Why not get a good drop in filter, remove secondary fiter(Tacomaman06 is already on top of this) drop the rear cats, ie Y-pipe, or DT pipe bomb, put in a flowmaster or magnaflow, depending on taste. Such set up should end up as follows:

Drop in filter= $40.00 @ most
sec. filt. rem, = free
y/ish pipe= 350-450ish
150 for avg quality mufler depending on weld or bolt on.

This will give you most bang for your buck, and if tool savy, you will spend less money or equal then I spent on my Borla exh SS Catback, which was mediocre, until above said steps were takin

There is no true bolt on exh. upgrade. go for the sound you want and improve your intake and exh all together.

OUT,..
Old 12-24-2008, 06:02 AM   #26
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westdog976 View Post
negative... this is toku85's truck:

That's nice. Does anybody have any undercarriage pictures of this setup?
Old 12-24-2008, 06:15 AM   #28
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sorry, i just added it above the picture... it's a flowmaster. found it for $380 at http://www.autoanything.com/ (it was like $425-$465 everywhere else).
did you lose any low down torque
Old 12-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #30
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I read the other posts on this, but explain to me again the secondary air filter again please. It's not really an intake filter, but a filter to stop vapors getting out once the engine has shut off??? So it is "ONLY" for emisions? It will not negativly affect the engine at all if I take it out?
Old 12-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #31
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
nope. i did it on my 08 and i didnot throw a CEL or any codes at all. i passed emissions with flying colors. the things it did for me was it lowered my ideling RPMs from 1100 to 676 and i saw an increase in MPG of about 2-3 miles more. so IMO its worth it.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #33
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
nice. go for it then
Old 01-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #34
Allens_Piece has a spectacular aura aboutAllens_Piece has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Employed
Allens_Piece's Tacoma Gallery
holy crap! RPMs at 670ish? That cant be good for the motor lube. Is it really ok?
Old 01-13-2009, 06:06 AM   #36
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys! Here is the exhaust installed! Just waiting on my smoked out tail lights now...

Awesome dude! Were you able to get any pics from underneath? I'm curious on how it wraps around the axle and spare tire.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #37
Westdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant future

Air Force:
Name: Frankie
Westdog976's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Awesome dude! Were you able to get any pics from underneath? I'm curious on how it wraps around the axle and spare tire.
no, but i can definitely do that tomorrow when there's more light outside
Old 01-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #39
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! It is much appreciated, looks like I should be able to move forward with my new exhaust setup.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #40
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
Westdog: that looks sick man, I was thinking the same thing...going with the flowmaster exhaust. No that I've seen yours I think I'm leaning towards the same. But I plan on taking mine offroading and whatnot.....So what should I go with. Alos plan on getting a AEM filter and headers but don't know what to get.

Products Discussed in this Thread