Exhaust vs Cold Air Intake

View Poll Results: Exhaust or Cold Air Intake
Exhaust 486 62.39%
Cold Air Intake 293 37.61%
Voters: 779. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #41
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and can you take some pics of your smoke out tail light when you get 'em. I wanted to paint mine for the cost factor but I want to see what will look better.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #42
Westdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant future

Air Force:
Name: Frankie
Westdog976's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
Oh and can you take some pics of your smoke out tail light when you get 'em. I wanted to paint mine for the cost factor but I want to see what will look better.
here you go! i thought they'd be a little darker, but i still like em. painting them should look pretty good too! i just didn't want them to be too dark.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #43
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
hey how about some headers?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #44
tacomadude1234 is on a distinguished road
tacomadude1234's Tacoma Gallery
IS that a dual exit exhaust or is that just the picture from autoanything? I'm interested if its dual exit like the pic. I purchased a magnaflow cat back from autoanything, I really like it dude. I also put a CAI on to, which helped out alot also. I raced a stock tundra the other day, got him off the line, but he pulled away! I would have expected more out of the V8 compared to the V6 though.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #45
tacomadude1234 is on a distinguished road
tacomadude1234's Tacoma Gallery
Nevermind dude, I just looked at your pick. I see the pipe out the driver's side. I wish I would have found that dual exhaust before i got the magnaflow catback! I do like mine though. How does yours sound dude? flowmaster right?
Old 01-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #46
Westdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant futureWestdog976 has a brilliant future

Air Force:
Name: Frankie
Westdog976's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomadude1234 View Post
Nevermind dude, I just looked at your pick. I see the pipe out the driver's side. I wish I would have found that dual exhaust before i got the magnaflow catback! I do like mine though. How does yours sound dude? flowmaster right?
sounds great! i want to get a sound or video clip for you guys but not sure it will sound the same on the computer...
Old 01-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #47
Mommy says I'm special
Camppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud of

Marines: SSgt, I MEF CE
Name: Erik
Camppentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westdog976 View Post
so i decided on the exhaust! thanks for all your input guys! get the sound i want, a boost in performance, cooler temps under the hood, better gas mileage, and an aggressive look in the back!

Flowmaster - American Thunder Dual Side Exit System:
I installed this exhaust and I love it, you don't see many dual exhausts around. I got it from Summit Racing for $365, cheapest price I could find.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...6+&appfilter=1
Old 01-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #49
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
b/c their stock air system is different than the 2nd gens... search for a pic of "deck plate mod" and you'll see what I mean.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #50
What, me worry?
jma is on a distinguished road

jma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
b/c their stock air system is different than the 2nd gens... search for a pic of "deck plate mod" and you'll see what I mean.
Is a CAI the only 2nd gen solution for the deck plate mod?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #51
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
no its not. you can do a pro dry s filter drop in with the removal of the secondary filter.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #52
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same setup as westdog976. TRD CAI and Flowmaster exhaust.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #54
ryork is on a distinguished road
ryork's Tacoma Gallery
That exhaust looks awesome. I'm thinking about doing it too. I know you were going to post something about how it sounds but I was just going to ask is it a deep sound like a v8 or is it kind of wimpy being a v6? I want that deep sound but not too loud. Any mpg increase?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #55
TX Trill
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Exhausttttt!
Old 04-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #56
420Tacoma will become famous soon enough

420Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Get the CAI, improves gas mileage & has a nice sound..
Old 05-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #57
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna hear the sound clip! Good choice on getting the exhaust. I picked up MPG with my cat back, then lost some when I added the CAI. I also lost some bottom end power with the CAI too.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:23 AM   #58
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I wanna hear the sound clip! Good choice on getting the exhaust. I picked up MPG with my cat back, then lost some when I added the CAI. I also lost some bottom end power with the CAI too.
Dyno'd or on the butt?

CAI and Cat-Back are both supposed to bump power.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #59
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Any in-cab resonance? I had a nasty 2500rpm drone in my old Explorer from a Flowmaster 50 series dual setup, drove me nuts. I would jump on these in a heartbeat if I knew for sure I wouldn't have that same problem in my Taco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camppentaco View Post
I installed this exhaust and I love it, you don't see many dual exhausts around. I got it from Summit Racing for $365, cheapest price I could find.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #60
berso is on a distinguished road

berso's Tacoma Gallery
I now 'too much is not enough' but i don't feel like i need to upgrade my Taco.....at least for now.... i mean i won't had any situation where a need more power, i always have plenty, so why should i need more?
Other than power, may be sound or better MPG what can motivate me to do either an exhaust or intake mods, i think exahust should go first, i love the Flow Master sound.
I haven't see any real MPG's gains from ANY mod i have done to any car or truck that i have own, that can justify the mod cost, so my filosofy for MPG gains is to keep the mod money, and use it to buy gas...

Products Discussed in this Thread