Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Any problems with afe intake on trd supercharger?

Old 05-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
monstermoose is on a distinguished road
monstermoose's Tacoma Gallery
Any problems with afe intake on trd supercharger?

Hi everyone,

Just got the trd supercharger on last saturday. I have been reading that a intake on the charger will void the warrenty however alot of people were using the gen 1 trd or afe stage 2 with no problems. Is this with just the reflash that toyota does with the charger? Has anyone had any problems with the engine running to lean with the afe intake?

Thanks for any info!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #2
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I am running one and have not had a single problem. I am running the AFE with Dry filter. Only threw one check engine light because my filter was packed with dirt.

I am also running the 2.85" pulley on it. They cant void your S/C warrenty jsut by putting on an intake. They have to prove that your intake caused the S/C to fail and if you have a good dealership its not even an issue.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:25 AM   #3
Joshua1 is on a distinguished road

Joshua1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your post.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:43 AM   #4
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1 View Post
Thanks for your post.
No problem. Hope that awnsered your questions.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
Lets hope not i just ordered the AFE 51-82342 Stage 2si ProDryS for my 2013