Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

NST Lite Crank Pulleys

Old 05-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
westonNC is on a distinguished road
Name: weston
westonNC's Tacoma Gallery
NST Lite Crank Pulleys

I was talking to one of my buddies about how to increase performance in my '98 SR5 and he said a lot of people are putting on NST Lite Crank Pullies. Of course I checked a couple threads on here and some people have mixed thoughts on them. They underdrive components such as the alternator, water pump, and some say this causes problems, while others say they don't affect them, but give better throttle response and a little more torque. Any further thoughts on this? Maybe someone has tried these out?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by westonNC View Post
They underdrive components such as the alternator, water pump, and some say this causes problems, while others say they don't affect them, but give better throttle response and a little more torque. Any further thoughts on this? Maybe someone has tried these out?
I've been hearing this argument for so many years now and have yet to see someone first hand experience any issues w/ undriven components. I have had them on my 650hp TTZ as well as on my M3. Plenty of miles and years on both cars and never experienced an issue.
If you're trying to grab as much power and/or throttle response out of a vehicle, go ahead and install them.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 3.4 supercharger for sale for 1,500 it has 40k on it perfect conditon
Old 05-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
DOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDOUBLLD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
NST Lite Crank Pulleys-imageuploadedbytapatalk1336588128.788202.jpg
Old 05-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
westonNC is on a distinguished road
Name: weston
westonNC's Tacoma Gallery
couple more pics man, I'm actually interested in that
Old 05-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #8

DOUBLLD's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take more later for you. Pm me
Old 05-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
I have the LCE under-drive pully on my 1st gen, that and the Efan were probably best performance mods I have done. Wish I had skipped headers and all that in the beginning and just done this to start.

Honestly I dont know how much it effects the alternator as I run dual batteries and a High Output Alternator but all other accessories are just fine with it.