Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Should I buy a new air filter?

Old 05-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
Geaux Tigers
pgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Royce
pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Should I buy a new air filter?

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on if I should buy a new filter for the used K & N CAI that I just purchased. Spare me the 'I wasted my money' and 'it's garbage' talk please. The person I bought it from said that they cleaned and oiled it after they took it off so it's ready to go but how can I tell if it's over/under oiled? Is there a dry filter,from another manufacturer, that will fit the K & N CAI that I could purchase?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #2
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
Pics? And if you think its not oiled properly just pick up a recharge kit and clean and re-oil it. Your gonna have to do it at some point down the road. Spectra & AFE also make cone filters and I believe afe has non oiled ones. I know that the intake tube on my K&N CAI was the same size as the AFE CAI I put on a few months ago.