1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JBA Header??

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by doublea, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Jul 22, 2007 at 5:03 AM
    doublea

doublea [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Has anyone installed a set of shorty headers on their 2nd gen taco with 4.0L? After looking into all sorts of mods in the last week and trying the truck out in the dirt, I think 'll keep going in the HP dept. and do suspension later. Already have TRD exhaust and CAI but I just came across these JBA headers and I think this will give me another 10hp out of her..

Thanks,
    DoubleA

2. Jul 22, 2007 at 5:41 PM
    reid

reid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 Access Cab
    Magna Flow stainless cat-back, 3" Toytec Lift, 32" Mickey Thompsons
    Carefull with claimed hp rates from JBA. If they claim 10 hp you will probably get 5-7hp. Plus most companies test on stock engines. All stock engines are restricted. This means if you test a CAI on a stock engine you might get 7hp. If you test a cat-bck on a stock engine you might get 7hp. But if you put both on together you will probably get 12hp. I do a lot of work on motorcycles and have learned you cant just add up claimed hp numbers from each part you bolt on. I have heard from other posts here though, that most people are very happy with any headers that they put on their tacoma. Good luck and let us know what you think when you are done.

3. Jul 22, 2007 at 7:39 PM
    Spyder327

Spyder327 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 X-Runner
    Aquamist 2D meth/water injection kit, URD Exhaust, DT Long Tube Headers, Hood Struts, and lots of other miscellaneous stuff...
    I have the JBA headers, you have to weld them onto the cats, which kinda sucks. HP wise i don't really know any exact numbers but you might see 10hp if your lucky.

4. Jul 23, 2007 at 8:14 AM
    doublea

doublea [OP] Active Member

Member:
    again, I thank you guy's for the info.. I also do alot of wrenching on scoots and other vehicles and have always been leary of product hp ratings. I've ot some buds that had their scoots done up with head jobs, carbs, etc. and they all come out and say they have 120+ hp now and I sit there and laugh, but since i'm new to toyo products and toyo performance what do you think I'll get from the CAI and Exhaust so far on my taca? Both are TRD parts and I would like to know if maybe toyo has their own headers to go on the truck??

Double A

5. Jul 23, 2007 at 11:27 AM
    Spyder327

Spyder327 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 X-Runner
    Aquamist 2D meth/water injection kit, URD Exhaust, DT Long Tube Headers, Hood Struts, and lots of other miscellaneous stuff...
    No, toyota does not have their own headers available for these trucks. Only 2 companies make headers, JBA and Coast2coastperf.com

As far as an intake and exhaust goes, i prefer URD parts of those TRD ones (www.urdusa.com) but im sure many prefer the opposite as well. It'll be a matter of opinion there.

Products Discussed in

To Top