Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Performance accessories to add w/ SC

Old 05-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
thewheelman is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
thewheelman's Tacoma Gallery
Performance accessories to add w/ SC

Buying a supercharger this week... Wondering if and what some of the best performance parts you combined with your TRD supercharger were ie: which CAI, DT headers and exhaust y or n, which chip works best with TRD SC and any other mods you would definitely recommend for me to install with the SC

Thanks guys,
Old 05-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
I have a TRD S/C with a full set of NST pulleys, including S/C pulley. DTLT, APR Y-Pipe, with 3" URD catback. First generation TRD CAI. APR X-1 ecu ( URD U-con also an excellent choice), APR 7th injector. Factory oil cooler.

This was my last dyno pull.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewheelman View Post
Buying a supercharger this week... Wondering if and what some of the best performance parts you combined with your TRD supercharger were ie: which CAI, DT headers and exhaust y or n, which chip works best with TRD SC and any other mods you would definitely recommend for me to install with the SC

Thanks guys,
Unfortunately your screwed like me on a tuner for the moment. No one really has one except uni-chip and I have not really heard many good things about that one.
The stock ref lash will be fine. I would recommend the URD 2.85" pulley, URD high flow fuel pump, a AFE dry filter CAI. Thats what I am running with mine. Are you looking for speed, high end, low end, etc? What are you going to use your truck for. I am looking for mainly low and mid end power out of mine for towing and rock crawling.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:15 AM   #5
motostein is a jewel in the roughmotostein is a jewel in the roughmotostein is a jewel in the rough
Name: david
motostein's Tacoma Gallery
just added the trd s/c to my 2012 taco pre runner dbcab ITS WICKED FAST! SO I NEED WHICH EXHAUST AND CAI?
Old 07-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #6
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
I have a TRD S/C with a full set of NST pulleys, including S/C pulley. DTLT, APR Y-Pipe, with 3" URD catback. First generation TRD CAI. APR X-1 ecu ( URD U-con also an excellent choice), APR 7th injector. Factory oil cooler.

This was my last dyno pull.

Holy shit balls. Do you have a sound clip of your truck?
Old 07-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
Holy shit balls. Do you have a sound clip of your truck?
Here are clips from Coupe. Quote,"
These are my first videos off a Gopro. Not very professional and a little boring. But it will give you an idea of the sound of the following exhaust set up:

DTLT Gen 2, APR Y pipe, v-bands on both ends, 2 1/2" Magnaflo Mini cats, 3" URD Catback with 20" lg. Dynaflo super turbo muffler," end quote.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10719...14391711663538

https://plus.google.com/photos/10719...20010702737410