Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Ideas for improving performace?

Old 05-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
drjhnyfevr is on a distinguished road
drjhnyfevr's Tacoma Gallery
Question Ideas for improving performace?

Hello all, I just bought my tacoma yesterday, and am already thinking about modifications. I am not looking to do a whole lot to it in the long run, but I figured getting the engine too breathe better would be a great start. Can anyone suggest any air intake kits? Or any other ideas for boosting the performance just a bit?
Old 05-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Forced induction or gears. The bolt-ons aren't worth the cost as the factory did a solid job when they built the 4.0. Intake and exhaust make things louder but don't help performance as much as you're expecting.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!

Check out a drop in filter from AFE or TRD. The stock intake IS a cold air intake. A couple of other options would be the URD intake with the MAF calibrator or maybe the AFE Stage 2Si.

Best bolt on performance would be a blower.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
livinglegend20 is on a distinguished road

Name: Art
livinglegend20's Tacoma Gallery
supercharger
Old 05-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #5
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Forced induction or gears. The bolt-ons aren't worth the cost as the factory did a solid job when they built the 4.0. Intake and exhaust make things louder but don't help performance as much as you're expecting.
Truth
Old 05-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
drjhnyfevr is on a distinguished road
drjhnyfevr's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input all. I am no mechanic, any suggestions to boost fuel mileage? I work in the oilfield industry and it requires me to drive long distance all the time. Thank you!
Old 05-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #7
ManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ManMan's Tacoma Gallery
Stiff spring under the throttle pedal
Old 05-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMan View Post
Stiff spring under the throttle pedal
Old 05-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #9
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
6 inch pipes out of the front fender or hood
Old 05-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #11
kyakovich311 has a spectacular aura aboutkyakovich311 has a spectacular aura aboutkyakovich311 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
kyakovich311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjhnyfevr View Post
Thanks for the input all. I am no mechanic, any suggestions to boost fuel mileage? I work in the oilfield industry and it requires me to drive long distance all the time. Thank you!
Buy a prius haha