Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2nd day with K&N CAI + MBRP Dual Exhaust *Pics*

Old 05-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
A-Team
Gimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Gimmick's Tacoma Gallery
2nd day with K&N CAI + MBRP Dual Exhaust *Pics*

2 days ago I got a K&N intake, as well as a MBRP dual side exhaust installed. Had it done at a local shop. Took almost 2 hours.

I had my doubts. I have a 4 banger and was somewhat concerned about it sounding like a tuner. But when buddy pulled up out front....HOLY SHIT. It was amazed. Perhaps its the combo, but the truck sounds great. I believe MBRP does only, if not mostly truck exhausts. The guy at the shop recommended them over Magnaflow..and I took his advice. Glad I did. It definitely does not sound like a 4 cyl.

It growls when ignition is turned on, at idle and in 1st gear. I haven't listened to any music the past 2 days due to the hard on i get listening to the exhaust. It gets a BIT loud when the pedal is down on the highway, but nothing unbearable. The dual looks WICKED.

As far as performance, it definitely has a little kick off the line. Still slow, but more responsive. Well see how mileage works out. I probablly like the idea of the K&N, more than its worth...but what the hell.

Point being...after 2 days of have these new parts, Id recommend them. Well see how things work out in a few months.