Notices

Performance Head Ideas?

Old 05-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
TacoLover
Yotacoma92 is on a distinguished road
Name: Zack
Yotacoma92's Tacoma Gallery
Performance Head Ideas?

Im rebuilding my 3.4 out of my 99 tacoma, im looking for some aftermarket heads and possibly some mild cams. anyone know of a good website to look at?
Old 06-10-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
ratboy85 is on a distinguished road

ratboy85's Tacoma Gallery
im looking for the same thing. LCE i believe they are mostly 4 bangers than v6 im gonna scope the site
Old 06-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
LCE can port and polish them, but you can find any local "good" shop to do the same and make sure they have a flowbench to equalize the ports.

You can also get cams.

But the best mod is forced induction!!!!

DOing heads and all that other stuff will not net much power compared to what your going to spend.

Thats why I did the LS1/T56 mod, the only 1st gen done in the US (and proably the planet) I do performance work for a living and the only real way to take advantage of porting is to increase RPM and to do so effectively will require upgraded cams with a higher RPM window and an upgraded valve spring set with Ti retainers.
And most of all, the tuning in order to get everything to work together properly.

Good luck and if you have questions go ahead and PM me.