Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

New truck, exhaust question

Old 05-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
New truck, exhaust question

Hey y'all. I just bought a 2011 regular cab 4x4 yesterday and couldn't be more excited. I'm already lookin at different things to add to my new taco. I had a question for all you performance junkies out there. Obviously my reg cab is a little underpowered, given it only has 159hp. I was hoping to add a little power to the truck just to aid me if I ever need to tow anything or just need a little extra juice. I considered getting a flowmaster exhaust and maybe an air intake/ and performance filter. I've seen people on this forum put flowmasters on their V6's, but haven't seen much about putting them on the I4's. Do you guys think it would be beneficial to put an exhaust on it, or would it just be a waste of money?
Old 05-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
You won't gain much for power with intake and exhaust. Headers + intake + exhaust might get you some, but probably not worth the cost.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's what I figured. I guess if I wanted power I shoulda got the V6
Old 05-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
Tor-nication
Torspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTorspd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tor
Torspd's Tacoma Gallery
www.lceperformance.com

I believe that they have a header for your engine. It will be a nice bump in power alone. Others with your engine have testified to that.

www.urdusa.com has a Supercharger kit I believe. That will definitely help boost up you towing torque.

Check those two sites. Talk with them about the intakes. If the factory design was very restrictive, then there will be a gain from an aftermarket intake.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
Large Breast Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
www.lceperformance.com

I believe that they have a header for your engine. It will be a nice bump in power alone. Others with your engine have testified to that.

www.urdusa.com has a Supercharger kit I believe. That will definitely help boost up you towing torque.

Check those two sites. Talk with them about the intakes. If the factory design was very restrictive, then there will be a gain from an aftermarket intake.
Thanks, that is actually very helpful