Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

My POS Doug Thorley Header

Old 07-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #61
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
There hoping you will just go away. DT is a shitty company, and from reading different threads on here i would not buy anything from them.
Well I hope they don't think I will just go away, because I will bother them until I'm dead. I really want to try this too and I have a DT/Jardine catback sitting in the garage too I have yet to try because I want to try the Header first (I know I will keep the header but not sure about the exhaust because of sound)
Old 07-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #62
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your header.

For what it's worth, a buddy of mine bought a DT header for his 2003 Nissan Frontier V6 and we installed in no problem.

But to be completely honest, this makes me a bit nervous about purchasing a set of DT headers for my 02' 3.4L Tacoma...
Old 07-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #63
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmerboy2112 View Post
Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your header.

For what it's worth, a buddy of mine bought a DT header for his 2003 Nissan Frontier V6 and we installed in no problem.

But to be completely honest, this makes me a bit nervous about purchasing a set of DT headers for my 02' 3.4L Tacoma...
Your lucky then, all I seen was "its awesome" and "I love it" before I bought mine. What a waste. I was trying to decide between that and a snorkel and I get pissed now whenever I see a snorkel on a truck lol. The snorkel I could have had.....
Old 07-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #64
Bosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kevin
Bosmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Still waiting on an answer. Got nothing yet. Header still sitting on my living room floor just chilln

Hmmm... I don't know what you said or did but you must have pissed them off pretty bad.

DT emailed me a shipping tag for my old header and I shipped it out on 7/18.

They told me they are in the process of building me a new one last week and hopefully they will have it done by next week. I'll see what happens
Old 07-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosmob View Post
Hmmm... I don't know what you said or did but you must have pissed them off pretty bad.

DT emailed me a shipping tag for my old header and I shipped it out on 7/18.

They told me they are in the process of building me a new one last week and hopefully they will have it done by next week. I'll see what happens
They probably don't want to pay shipping to me. It was like 60 bucks. I will call them again today
Old 07-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #66

So I got ahold of Nick today and spoke to him about it. He said that he "thought he had me squared away" and was building 3 new headers right now for 3 of us with the same problem. I like to give second chances so I'm gonna see how this goes. He is emailing me a fedex shipping thing to ship this back to him so I will update on how this goes. Hopefully I get it on the truck soon!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #67
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I got ahold of Nick today and spoke to him about it. He said that he "thought he had me squared away" and was building 3 new headers right now for 3 of us with the same problem. I like to give second chances so I'm gonna see how this goes. He is emailing me a fedex shipping thing to ship this back to him so I will update on how this goes. Hopefully I get it on the truck soon!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #68
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 07-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #69
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you need a hand putting it in, let me know.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
If you need a hand putting it in, let me know.
Ya that would be great. I'm gonna do that and the catback the same day so any help will be nice!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #71

So I sent it off to DT already. Called them from FEDEX and they paid for shipping. Seems like they might have just made a mistake and forgot about me or something. I also didn't realize they are a VERY small company with not a lot of people. So I can how some of the issues happened. Can't wait to get it back and on!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #72
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I sent it off to DT already. Called them from FEDEX and they paid for shipping. Seems like they might have just made a mistake and forgot about me or something. I also didn't realize they are a VERY small company with not a lot of people. So I can how some of the issues happened. Can't wait to get it back and on!!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #73
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
so what headed should I get for my 05 2.7 4x4 lol
Old 01-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #75
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I'm still gonna wait till I get it on the truck and working before I answer that
UPDATES?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #76
nik.moretto is on a distinguished road
Name: nathan
nik.moretto's Tacoma Gallery
any news?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #77

Ya I put it on, and I wrote a post about the before/after. In conclusion, with all the bullshit I went through it finally fit, but there was next to no difference what so ever. I'm not new to bolt on mods and there's never a Big difference, but I was pretty shocked at the nothing it did. To each their own I guess. But in the end it did fit perfectly. I will give them that
Old 01-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #78
Hub Master General

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya I put it on, and I wrote a post about the before/after. In conclusion, with all the bullshit I went through it finally fit, but there was next to no difference what so ever. I'm not new to bolt on mods and there's never a Big difference, but I was pretty shocked at the nothing it did. To each their own I guess. But in the end it did fit perfectly. I will give them that
on our 2.7's I wouldn't expect a noticeable seat of the pants difference with the header. I replaced the stock rotted manifold on my civic with an eBay header & high flow cat & there's no noticeable difference, not even in fuel economy!

so what was the mix up with the original header & the one on your truck now?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #79

Oh god too much to write. Just didn't fit and it was impossible to get ahold of them to get a return. Just a bad idea from day one to buy this header for me
Old 05-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #80
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to comment on this thread, as I too have had bad luck with my new 2012 DT shorty headers.. First they didnt come with o2 bungs installed or in the packaging, so i had to go get some and install them (I can weld)... Then i think im all good to but when i go to line up the cat with the headers, they dont line up and have a gap to fill/patch. Its like they didnt even test fit the headers with a 2012-13 tacoma.. I was pissed! And now i just hope everything will hold up for a very long time so i dont have to take them off again. What a PITA!!!
Oh! And I emailed them about the problem also. And they perty much told me that there lazy! Seriously! He said that the reason they didnt come with o2 bungs installed was bcecause toyota changes things around so much from year to year and wasnt sure the placement of the bungs.. And basically they dont want to have so many part numbers for different year tacoma's just because of one little change. They'de rather not search and test fit and just have customers find out this issues and problems and have to redo or change the headers. Talk about stupid!
Oh and i felt a slight increase in power and torque especialy when going up hill. But nothing major. I just hope it helps my mpg's a little.